Reasons To Quit Smoking And Health Facts
Many find quitting smoking almost to be impossible due to the extremely addictive nature nicotine in cigarettes. Yet, thousands of people managed to successfully quit smoking each year. According to studies, about four million people each year die as a result either directly or indirectly related to smoking.
Here are some health facts about smoking that you should know if you are considering to quit.
1. Smoking causes the most common lung disease Ė emphysema, which is the shortness of breath. Other than this, chances of lung cancer and heart complications also dramatically increases, including coronary heart diseases and heart attacks.
2. Smoking also causes smokers to suffer from inflammatory and chronic diseases as your body immune system becomes weaker and weaker by the day.
3. The habit leads to rheumatoid arthritis and lupus which is a disease of the immune system. The symptom of this disease can be seen as red rashes on your skin all over your body.
4. Some long term diseases due to this addiction include age related ailments such as the macular degeneration. In some cases, it also causes blindness for elderly people.
5. For pregnant women, smoking causes SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Other consequences for pregnant women include bleeding, miscarriage and underweight issues.
6. If you donít already know, the chemicals from cigarettes also lead to throat and mouth cancer. Research has shown that smokers die much earlier than people who donít smoke.
7. The probabilities of contracting breast cancer for women are increased.
8. Smokers also may like suffer from acid reflux disease also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) of which one of the symptoms is heart burn.
9. When you smoke, the blood vessels in your body get damaged, and it indirectly causes the fats in your body to increase.
10. Complications also include chest infections, tuberculosis, asthma problems in frequent smokers.
The list can go on and on about the potential diseases that are caused to a smoker. Thatís why more and more smokers are aware that they need to quit smoking. They also realized that they can go on with life without cigarettes.
Therefore, I would strongly advise you to quit as early as possible. All the diseases contracted from this habit are highly preventable, all you have to do is stop smoking and you will be safe all these diseases.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Discover How You Can Quit Smoking Cigarettes In As Fast As 1 Week Without Agitation, Cravings Or Withdrawal Symptoms By Visiting How To Quit Smoking Cigarettes For More Resources.