Stress and Your Whole Body Detox
One of the biggest enemies to any body detox program is not the air that you breathe or the toxins you ingest. What is it, you ask? Stress. Following certain tips will not only help during a natural body detox but help keep you healthier and happier the rest of the time, too.
One of the biggest enemies to any body detox program is not the air that you breathe or the toxins you ingest. What is it, you ask?
Stress. That's right. Stress is Natural Body Detox Enemy #1. Why?
Your body is in such an agitated state that your immune system has to work harder to fight off infection. It gets tired of being overworked and underpaid, and weakens. That's why so many healthy people get sick when they get stressed. Workaholics know what I'm talking about. Being in a constant state of stress also puts them in a constant state of sickness. Your whole body detox doesn't need the added stress, pardon my pun.
The higher adrenaline levels produced from being stressed also affects your digestive system. It simply tires it out. This is why when you feel stress hunger is usually not part of that. This can have long-term negative effects which hinder any natural body detox. Over time, your digestive system is going to produce less of its enzymes, which in turn lower your body's ability to get rid of and process all those nasty little toxins you ingest.
These high levels of hormones and chemicals your body pumps out in response to stress contain free radicals, which, as many of us know, make you more suceptible to cancer and are the nemesis to any whole body detox.
So when you are on a body detox program, be sure to take stress seriously and find ways to alleviate it so you're not sabotaging all the good work you're doing. What should you do to alleviate stress during a natural body detox?
1. Take a bath. Baths are a wonderful way to release stress and purify yourself at the same time. Try doing a bentonite clay bath, adding epsom salt, or a vinegar bath to double duty bathtime and make it a detoxifying as well as a relaxing experience.
2. Breathe deep. When we are stressed, we usually begin to rush. Our heart rate goes up and we begin talking a mile a minute. Sit quietly for a couple of minutes and breathe deeply, focusing on the rising and falling of your stomach with each inhalation and exhalation. Which leads us to the next tip...
3. Meditate. In addition to deep breathing, meditation forces us to slow down. You may want to try using a guided meditation CD if you have trouble focusing. It all starts with paying attentiion to your breath.
4. Exercise. A moderate amount of daily exercise helps keep you balanced. Stress will be easier to handle when you are healthier. Try taking a walk after dinner or first thing in the morning.
5. Get adequate rest. Like exercise, getting enough sleep at night is key to how you handle your day. Allow yourself at least eight hours to sleep each night. If you don't have enough time for that, it's time to change your priorities.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John Khu is a health enthusiast and author of a new eBook titled "Body Detox Tips". He is devoted to educate others on the benefit of body detoxification. He is also the owner of the website called http://www.bodydetoxtips.com which provides complete and up-to-date information.