The Ins And Outs Of Prostate Milking Or Prostate Massage
In addition to it use in bringing pleasure, prostate milking is often used as a form or preventative medicine to relieve the pressure created by a build-up of fluid in the prostate gland.
Although often thought of purely in terms of pleasure, prostate milking, which is also known as prostate massage, is frequently performed either as a form of self-massage or by a doctor for medical reasons.
Part of the male reproductive system, one role of the prostate gland is to produce a clear fluid which makes up about thirty percent of male seminal fluid and, in cases of chronic prostatitis or benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate milking can be used to reduce pressure in the prostate gland by removing excess fluid.
Although it is possible to perform prostate milking externally by stimulating the prostate through the perineum this method is not always successful and it is more usual for prostate milking to be performed internally using a finger, prostate massager or a medical massager.
If you wish to perform prostate milking yourself you should proceed as follows:
1. Before attempting prostate milking pay a visit to the bathroom to ensure that both your bladder and bowel are emptied.
2. Ensure that your fingernails are trimmed short and that your hands and the area around your anus are washed thoroughly.
3. Put a sterile latex glove onto the hand which you wish to use to massage the prostate gland and apply some water-based lubricant to your gloved fingers.
4. Adopt a comfortable position. The position which you adopt is not important as long as it is comfortable and allows you to gain easy access to the prostate gland with your gloved hand. Most people find that lying on their back or side is most comfortable.
5. Gently insert your finger (or fingers) into your anus and move it slowly forward along the wall of the rectum, as if you are heading for your belly button, until you feel the prostate gland. The prostate gland will feel like part of a small ball and is normally about the size of a walnut.
6. Having located the prostate gland, massage it gently along both sides but do not massage the central (top) area which contains several sensitive nerves.
7. After a few minutes of gentle milking the gland will be sufficiently stimulated to contract causing it to release its fluid. At this point you might experience a degree of sexual pleasure and, in some but not all cases, may also experience orgasm.
Although prostate milking can be extremely helpful as a form of preventative medicine and relieve the build-up of seminal fluid in the prostate gland, it is not without its risks. As a result prostate milking should not be performed if you are suffering from an acute case of prostatitis and should never be performed vigorously. If you are at all unsure about whether or not it is safe to perform prostate milking you should consult your doctor.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Visit ProstateProblemCenter.com for a detailed picture of the prostate gland and to discover more about prostate milking and, in particular, its risks.