Tips to Get Breast Cancer Information and Controversy
The Breast Cancer Possibility
There are so many risk factors that could be potential breast cancer in women, and the possibility of breast cancer is 1 : 8.
Explanation of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer occurs when certain cells in the breast tissue divides by uncontrolled way of growth and destroy the surrounding tissue, cancer cells can then spread to the lymph glands and other organs where they grow and spread with the same destructive manner.
The Breast Cancer Possibility
There are so many risk factors that could be potential breast cancer in women, and the possibility of breast cancer is 1 : 8. This means for every 8 women you know, one of those affected by cancer in their lifetime. So what causes breast cancer and what we can do to help prevent this?
Explanation of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer occurs when certain cells in the breast tissue divides by uncontrolled way of growth and destroy the surrounding tissue, cancer cells can then spread to the lymph glands and other organs where they grow and spread with the same destructive manner. This is not a normal growth that is required for the function of the body, in the case of breast tissue; researchers continue to look for a variety of factors that can affect the onset breast cancer. They feel that basically things happen to DNA or genes causing cells factors that normally control growth. This could be a congenital genetic mutation; also can be due to age, exposure to radiation at a young age, or any of other lifestyle issues.
The Speculation about Obesity
There are many causes of breast cancer, but one of the risk factors that have been developed and rather controversial is obesity. There are statistics from the Research Center informed that 25-30% of breast cancer can be prevented by maintaining body mass. Epidemiologists also noticed that type of cancer is increasing, but they speculated that our genes are basically the same over the past many decades.
The Fat and Estrogen Hormone
So what the fat do to the breast cancer? Fat cells growing later tend to keep estrogen, so the more fat there is the more estrogen in breast tissue. It is known that estrogen was the fuel for breast cancer, this can cause an increased risk of some research by 60%. It is recommended by the American Cancer Society for 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week to lower the risk of cancer. It is also recommended that women to maintain or even increase muscle mass to reduce the formation of fat cells. As mentioned above, the risk factor remains controversial and is not easy to prove it. Should be noted, that the risk of breast cancer appears to occur when the weight increase and then supported by a young age not to mention. This is most likely due to the fact that the weight and menopause can make visceral fat which is hormonally more active than subcutaneous fat.
What are the other risk factors for Breast Cancer?
· Gender- Women means an increased amount of estrogen
· Age- 2/3 of breast cancer occurs after the age of 55; 1/8 of breast cancer occurring under age 45. Age affects genes that regulate the function of our body, getting old then more possible errors in the genetic code that is going to happen.
· Genetic factors- Many women believe that if nobody in the family they have breast cancer; they are not likely to get it. But the facts say that breast cancer sufferers who inherited genetic mutations such as BRCA1 and BRCA2 only 5-10%.
· Family history- Having a first degree relative (mother, sister, and daughter) with breast cancer increases two times risk of breast cancer. It is estimated that 20-30% of women with breast cancer have a positive family history.
· Prior history of breast cancer- The risk of development of breast cancer in another breast and that is not considered as a development of the earlier breast cancer.
· Race and ethnicity- Rates of breast cancer in white women over African American women, but African American women are more likely to die of cancer because they tend to get more aggressive type of breast cancer. Asian, Hispanic and Native American women have lower levels of mortality and risk of breast cancer.
· The density of the breast tissue- Making screening becomes more difficult, there are more tissue glands and less fatty tissue.
· Menstruation- Early onset of menstruation before the age of 12 and menopause after 55 increases the risk for breast tissue exposed to with more hormonal cycle. For the same reason, do not have or have had a child after age 30 and breastfeeding less than a year could also means more estrogen and progesterone exposure in breast tissue which further increases the risk.
· Radiation- Exposed chest radiation for other conditions such as lymphoma and certain cancers at a young age.
· DES- Women who is given DES during pregnancy and their daughter in the womb have a higher risk for exposed breast cancer cause gene mutation in another day.
Controversy about Oral Contraceptives
There are some problems that affect lifestyle exposed to risks of cancer in the breast tissue. There is a slight increased risk for women who have been using oral contraceptives for several years although this risk decreases when the OCP is stopped and continued to decline.
Controversy about Combined HRT
The combined HRT has been shown in studies to increase a little the risk of cancer in the breast tissue after 2 years of use. This risk is rather weakened when the estrogen used alone, without progesterone.
Controversy about Alcohol
Drinking more than 7 drinks per day alcohol can also increase the risk of breast cancer, this risk can be as much as 3 times larger than normal if 2-5 drinks per day are consumed on a regular basis.
Have one or more risk factors above are by no means you will get breast cancer, it simply reflects the higher risk. Lifestyle changes can help you to reduce those risks. In many cases, if cancer diagnosis can be known in early, and then treatment will have a longer time and are very effective. The research will finds new factors that can affect the occurrence and growth of breast cancer, which can and will open up a new form of better therapy.
Have risk factors above and unhealthy lifestyle can be a potential for the development of cancer, hopefully the above information will help you to reduce the risk of cancers that occur on your breasts. There are also many other health benefits for a healthy lifestyle, not just the prevention of cancer. Heart health and bone health are also accomplished with a healthy diet, exercise, avoid smoking and limiting alcohol.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
You may copy / distribute / edit but keep this link below live:
Author : GALUH MAHESA
Category : BREAST CANCER
Source : TIPSTIMES.COM
Licensed : CREATIVE COMMONS SHARE ALIKE 3.0