Top 5 Gestational Diabetes Symptoms
During pregnancy -- usually around the 24th week -- many women
develop gestational diabetes. A diagnosis of gestational diabetes
doesn't mean that you had diabetes before you conceived, or that you
will have diabetes after giving birth. But it's important to follow your
doctor's advice regarding blood sugar levels while you're planning your pregnancy, so you and your baby both remain healthy.
Nowadays 75% of the world’s women are suffering from
Diabetes. It is observed that women with diabetes are prone to various
complications like sexual and hormonal disorders.
Many of you may have heard of Gestational Diabetes in the days of your pregnancy. Let’s learn more about Gestational Diabetes in the following article.
What is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational Diabetes, earlier known as Gestational Diabetes
Mellitus, is the diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Only a pregnant woman
gets GDM. A pregnant woman with no diabetes background can also have
gestational diabetes during onset of her pregnancy
In normal conditions, your body is able to break down sugar easily with the help of hormones in the intestine. But if it’s gestational diabetes then, intestine and stomach are unable to digest sugar molecule called glucose.
Glucose is the major source of energy in our body. Pancreas excrete “Insulin” which helps in taking out extra sugar from your blood.
Diabetes is nothing but high blood sugar disorder.
Gestational diabetes happens when the body doesn’t produce
proper amount of insulin or if cells don’t utilize it properly.
Nearly 5% of world’s pregnant women get gestational diabetes. Usually women suffer from 3 kinds of diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational diabetes.
Scientific research says that a woman infected with gestational diabetes during the pregnancy, usually gets to relive from the problem after delivery. But those women who already have type 1 or type 2 diabetes before pregnancy, need special attention and cannot be cured with medications.
The major reason of gestational diabetes is obesity and wrong eating habits as well.
What are the top 5 symptoms of gestational diabetes?
It is very essential to pay attention to gestational diabetes symptoms during pregnancy. Following are the top 5 gestational diabetes symptoms:
• Weight loss: Women with Gestational diabetes can suffer sudden weight loss. This kind of sudden weight loss can make the woman prone to other diseases as well.
• Vague vision: Unexpected Blurred vision is one of the gestational diabetes symptoms during pregnancy. High sugar levels in the blood effects the eyesight directly.
• Frequent Urinating affinity: During pregnancy tendency of frequent urination is another gestational diabetes symptom. You should always follow a strict gestational diabetes diet in case you have Type1 or Type2 diabetes already.
• Thirst and hunger: In spite of large meals a gestational diabetic woman feels hunger often. Moreover if your gestational diabetic then you should drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to keep your body hydrated.
• Exasperation and irritation: It is also one of the gestational diabetes symptoms. So beware because crankiness can lead to this deadly problem.So, if you think you are suffering from any of the above symptoms during pregnancy then it is better to consult your gynecologist as soon as possible to protect yourself from fatal gestational diabetes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
But if you are looking for an inclusive resource on Gestational Diabetes then I would take a look at my site for a full disclosure on the different ways you can learn about Diabetes Mellitus Symptoms