Why Would You Opt For Dental Veneers
Do you feel embarrassed with your dental imperfections and tend to cover up your smile even when you feel like laughing aloud like most others? If you suffer from such dental flaws, you donít...
Do you feel embarrassed with your dental imperfections and tend to cover up your smile even when you feel like laughing aloud like most others? If you suffer from such dental flaws, you donít have to be ashamed about it. Just go in for the right oral treatment and restore your lost smile. With dental veneers you can get over your tooth imperfections and smile heartily like anyone else. Have you heard about dental veneers? These are one of the most popular cosmetic dental cures available today giving you that sparkling white smile you always wished for.
What Are Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer is a thin restorative material which is usually placed over the surface of the damaged tooth. Veneers are of two types - composite and porcelain. These may be directly or indirectly fabricated by a dental technician and then bonded to the tooth surface. Cosmetic dental practitioners use resin cement to fix them on to the surface of the damaged tooth.
What Are The Advantages?
* The main advantage is their wide range of utility. Regardless of whether your cause of concern is awkward tooth spacing, cracked teeth or staining, veneers can easily and quickly conceal all types of tooth imperfections.
* These cosmetic dental enhancements bond perfectly with the teeth and hence can effectively help you regain a perfect smile whatever be your age or dental condition.
* Veneers are customized according to individual facial features. Hence these will match up perfectly with the color of the surrounding teeth and the formation of the dental lineup enhancing your natural beauty and appeal.
Points To Keep In Mind
If you are opting for dental veneers keep a tab on this ready checklist Ė
* Consult your dentist and depending on the condition of the tooth decide whether your case suits composite or porcelain ones.
* While composite veneers can be created inside your mouth and last for 5-7 years, the porcelain varieties costs more and are fixed externally following a tooth preparation session.
* Finally, do a personal research on the dental professionals offering such treatments. For instance, if you are from St. Louis, Missouri, you must check local online listings and ask your friends and relatives for reference on the best cosmetic dental practitioners in St. Louis area who offer complete guarantee prior to the procedure.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR