Wigs and Why We Wear Them
Wigs have been around for many years and are worn for a multitude of reasons. Over the years, they have been worn to protect bald heads from the sun, to conceal dirty tresses, as a status symbol, ...
- Glamour: Not everyone is born with a luxurious mane of lush hair. Thick, shiny tresses are equated with youthfulness, sexuality and attractiveness. When a person has thinning strands or those that are too curly, short or the wrong color, he or she may decide to purchase and don a wig. Many movie stars over the years have changed their appearance in the name of glamour with this crowning accessory.
- Male pattern baldness: Many men lose their hair due to genetics. In order to retain a youthful appearance, some males choose wigs rather than hair transplants or remaining bald.
- Costumes: From children’s Halloween costumes to adult’s clown outfits or party apparel, wigs are worn as parts of costumes. Little girls may become Barbie dolls with their sheik artificial coifs and outfits. Little boys may become Superman with their red capes, tights, fake abs and slicked-back brunette hairdos. Circus clowns may wear the typical Bozo red halos of fur. Many actors and actresses wear hairpieces in order to change their appearance to fit a role they’re playing in the movies or on stage.
- Cancer patients: When a person is treated for cancer, he or she often has to go through a round of treatments that includes radiation and chemotherapy. Radiation is a means of killing cancer cells but also exterminates healthy ones, as well. Sometimes this includes hair which then falls out and leaves baldness. Chemotherapy is a medication to kill cancerous cells and is renowned for leaving baldness in its wake. Many individuals who are undergoing this challenging treatment opt for wigs to wear in public and make them feel better about their appearances. Many hairpieces are so lifelike that no one can tell this difference. Having more self confidence and feeling better about one’s appearance is likely to amp up a body’s immune process and may help healing.
- Disguise: Individuals who want to disguise their appearances for whatever reason may choose to wear wigs. Recognizing people by their hair is something many unconsciously do, so changing that physical trait is a good way to go incognito. This may be desired for spies, for gags, or for someone who just wants to remain anonymous, such as a celebrity going out in public.
Wigs can be great ways of changing individuals’ appearances. They can be worn for glamour, to conceal male pattern baldness, as a costume, by cancer patients and as a disguise.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Don't just trust anyone for your wigs new york residents. Go with a brand and company that has the utmost style and taste, visit: www.jacquelynwigs.com.