Canon Powershot S90 Digital Camera Review
Don't buy a camera without doing the research. And "research shows" that the Canon Powershot S90 is the camera of choice for photographers who are looking for a compact digital camera with "professional" control.
Say hello to the Canon Powershot S90, a fully digital compact camera with practically all the control of a DLSR camera. It is an alternative to several high end compact models that are inclined to look more like professional models in line and design. This exceptional camera was developed to be the complete compact model.
This little gem has some serious benefits for two groups of people.
First of all, there is the photography enthusiast who is not quite ready for the DSLR. She wants to test out camera features and controls that are not available on less highly developed models to develop a good feeling of what these controls are able to do and how they work.
Second is the digital slr owner, either an excellent amateur or a pro, who is looking for a perfect pocket model. These are folks who never want to miss a photographic experience of any kind, no matter if their digital slr camera is not easily available.
The Canon Powershot S90 has the look and feel of a truly compact camera, the kind that most folks carry around in their pocket or purse. However, it is anything but a typical digital compact.
Let's have a look at the standard features of the Canon Powershot S90:
* New 10-megapixel High Sensitivity System; DIGIC 4 Image Processor
* Improved low-light image performance, plus a Low Light scene mode for ISO settings up to 12,800
* Customizable control ring for easy access and operation of manual or other creative shooting settings
* Wide-angle 3.8x optical zoom with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer; bright f/2.0 lens
But wait, there's more! Here is the "goods" that really sets the Canon Powershot S90 so far above the pack of "regular" digital compacts.
1. Extensive photographic feature set - more professional than typical point and shoot cameras
2. New Function Ring for easy access of the advanced manual controls
3. Usable, fast RAW mode with excellent software supplied (RAW, an alternative to JPEG, is the choice of all advanced photographers)
4. Highly customizable - normal digital cameras have single creative selections, but the S90 is customizable in the same sense as high end DSLR cameras.
Need more to convince you? Here is a typical quote from one of the many satisfied Canon Powershot S90 owners: "You get what you pay for and if you want the best pocket size camera on the market, look no further than the S90."
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Wayne Rasku is passionate about photography. He hosts a photography blog about digital cameras and camera equipment at http://digital-photographic-resources.com/blog/.
For more about the Canon Powershot S90 and other prosumer camera models, check this web page: http://digital-photographic-resources.com/cameras/prosumer.html.