LITTLE PEOPLE'S POT O' ... needed: 1. One 1-inch diameter round wooden bead 2. 5 or 6 black seed beads 3. ... 2-inches wire, fine enough to fit through the seed beads. 4. Black
LITTLE PEOPLE'S POT O' GOLD
Materials needed: 1. One 1-inch diameter round wooden bead 2. 5 or 6 black seed beads 3. Approximately 2-inches wire, fine enough to fit through the seed beads. 4. Black paint 5. Gold glitter 6. 2-inches twine, 1/8-inch diameter 7. Scrap paper, 1/4-inch square 8. Tacky glue 9. Shamrock green construction paper 10. scrap wire
Tools required: 1. Small paintbrush 2. Needle-nose pliers 3. Small sharp scissors
INSTRUCTIONS: (Important - read them until you fully understand them)
1. Hold large bead with threading hole vertical.
2. Glue three or four seed beads in a circle around the top threading hole. Allow glue to dry. Turn large bead over, to stand bead "pot" on it's legs.
3. Glue one seed bead onto each side of the standing "pot" bead to use as handle anchors. Each bead is glued on one end of its threading hole so the other end will hold the wire "handle."
4. To form pot "rim", glue twine around the bead "pot", about 2/3 to the top, above the "handle" holder side seed beads.
5. Glue 1/4-inch paper scrap over top hole of large bead "pot".
6. To form pot "handle", bend wire into U-shape. With pliers, bend each end at right angle, glue into bead "handle" anchors.
7. Paint entire bead "pot" and handle black.
8. Carefully spread glue over top of "pot" bead inside the pot "rim." Then spread Gold Glitter onto glue and allow to dry.
9. Cut green paper into small tear-drop shapes. Glue four to a tiny piece of wire to form "shamrock" and "stem." Then glue to side of "pot" or onto the pot "handle."
10. Add a small green bow if you so desire. Then print in gold on the side of the black kettle -- "Pot O' Gold" or "Good Luck!"
JOAN BRAMSCH is a family person, educator, writer and E-publisher. Her articles appear internationally in print and online. Six of her best-selling adult novels - near one million copies - have worldwide distribution. Her Empowered Parenting Ezine serves 1000 parents around the globe. http://www.JoanBramsch.com mailto:email@example.com