Marketing Strategies for Your Handmade Jewelleries
In the competitive world of jewellery making, it is important to use marketing strategies to make one’s jewellery business profitable.
A number of books, magasines and websites feature and discuss some marketing strategies for big and small businesses such as jewellery making. Here are 10 selected practical, workable and helpful marketing tips:
1. Create varied quality designs that your audience can quickly and easily choose from, this would save them time from mall hopping just to find one that appeal to them and suit their taste.
2. Display your jewellery designs in as many local events as possible, i.e. tradeshows, bazaars and festivals so that it will gain local exposure. But be selective; choose an event that would be an appropriate market for your items, one that would promote a positive image for your jewelries. Have a list of these events to calendar your display sites.
3. Come up with unique jewellery designs that can be given an appropriate catchy name that excites and intrigues. Specialised designs can have specific theme created to attract a specific age group. i.e. “my-only-love” jewellery design can become popular to single and married couples. An added explanation of the meaning behind the design could make it a gift item intended to send a specific message or to symbolise a personal feeling. With this, you will create a specific receptive market of your merchandise.
4. Lend some of your attention-getting jewelleries to selected friend; have them wear it on a regular basis. This is a free public display and marketing campaign. Provide them brochures and calling cards to be given to persons who will compliment the jewellery. For every sold item, your friend gets a commission.
5. Network with professional women who love to use sets to go with their professional wardrobes. Sell your items directly in their offices, home or parties. Offer to give talks in their organisations on topics related to jewellery business like jewellery making, selecting jewelleries and wearing jewelleries. Word-of-mouth is an effective and free marketing campaign.
6. Approach fashion boutiques such as bridal boutiques, beauty salons, spa, massage and fitness centers who might be interested to display your jewellery items. You can offer to provide them designs which they can brand with their store name, but only if you are not interested to build a brand for yourself. You can sell your pieces at wholesale price.
7. Use the internet to market your merchandise to online buyers. Professional quality, clean and sharply focused photos of you jewellery designs on the internet will entice customers to buy your items.
8. Professionally designed brochures and business cards for store owners and professionals who might be interested in jewellery making and jewellery business. Offers for consignment arrangements or a benefit from commission are marketing options which can be considered.
9. Display your products in high traffic sites in your area. A corner booth is the best spot to display. Displaying mirrors must be available for customers to see how it will look on them.
10. However, the most important tip which cannot be overlooked is to create designs that are updated and fresh. People always want something trendy, in style and new. This is the best thing about jewellery making; slow selling items can be redesigned, reused and recycled into a new fashionable piece for increased profitability.
Jewellery making is fun and profitable. There are several free jewellery making tutorials found on websites. These are sites that teach skills and techniques on jewellery making. Once mastered, jewellery making can be a profitable part-time or full time job.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you want to learn more marketing strategiesfor your handmade jewellery making, visit: http://www.daisybeads.co.uk