Digital scrapbook pages have become all the rage in scrapbooking. Even diehard traditional scrappers have begun to integrate some digital scrapbook pages into their layouts and albums. More and more, ...
Digital scrapbook pages have become all the rage in scrapbooking. Even diehard traditional scrappers have begun to integrate some digital scrapbook pages into their layouts and albums. More and more, they’re realizing it's an exciting, yet simple way to expand and enhance creativity while helping to preserve their memories for generations to come.
To create your first digital scrapbook pages, you don’t need to be a computer guru, nor do you have to learn complicated software.
Moreover, unlike traditional scrapbooking, digital scrapbook layouts enable you to easily try out different types of backgrounds, designs and embellishments before you commit. Anything you do to your page can be redone many times over without wasting time, effort and money. And that’s only the beginning of the advantages that going digital has to offer the modern-day scrapper.
Top 10 Reasons to Go Digital
1. Timesaver Implementing digital scrapbook pages will save you time. It’s no longer necessary to print your pictures before you put them into your scrapbook pages. Just download your digital pictures to your computer or scan your hard copy photos. You can buy premade scrapbook layouts with spaces for your photos and then simply drag and drop your digital pictures onto the scrapbook pages. No need to redo handmade scrapbook pages; no need to spend hours going from one store to another looking for the right color paper.
2. Tidier Traditional scrappers have required a permanent space in their homes for their volumes of paper, ribbon, lace and other embellishments, along with unfinished projects vulnerable to accidents. Digital scrapping means no mess on your dining room table, no need for extra physical storage space, no cutting your photos. Save all your layouts and supplies directly to your computer or external storage device.
3. Greener Digital scrapbook pages allow you to literally reuse any digital scrapbook element as many times as you like, so say goodbye to buying extra paper to avoid running out of a certain pattern or color. Goodbye to the glue and piles of leftover paper scraps and unrecyclable materials. Good riddance, reject scrapbook pages—you can quickly fix them before printing!
4. Cheaper If you already own a computer, all you need to buy is the scrapbook layout software and digital scrapbook kits, which are fairly inexpensive and include paper and embellishments. The equivalent in physical materials is far more expensive, and once you use them, they’re gone. Digital kits can be used indefinitely. And because there's no need to spend hours going from one store to another looking for the right color paper, you’ll save money in gas too!
5. Goof Proof Photos are often the most precious items in your scrapbooks, so why risk butchering them with scissors? With digital scrapbooking, there's no chance of destroying the only photo you have of your mom’s mom’s mom. Scan the photo and make as many copies as you like. Digital scrapbook pages allow you to experiment with infinite combinations until they look just the way you want. And if you misspell a word in your journaling, you're free to correct it without damaging your scrapbook layouts.
6. Photo Doctor Basic photo editing programs allow you to restore old photos to make them look just like new. Conversely, you can take current photos and make them looked aged. Vanish wrinkles, blemishes and moles, and fix that pervasive red eye. Resize, crop, sharpen, and correct lighting. Nearly every photo you take can be improved with a little doctoring.
7. Professional Cropped photos always have perfect edges, computer text is always straight, and computer font is always legible! Digital scrapbook pages look professional and boost the pride we feel in our creations.
8. Versatile Take any design you like and turn it into just about anything you want. Adjust the colors, sizes, patterns, arrangements ... your options are limitless.
9. Easy to Share One of the biggest advantages of digital scrapbook pages is that they can be easily shared in so many ways. Print multiple copies to share with family, upload pages to a family Web site or blog, or e-mail pages to relatives wherever they live.
10. Endless Supplies You’ll always have what you need in the right size, color and style, and you’ll never need to worry about running out of glue. With digital scrapbook layouts, you’ll always have the supplies you need.
With both traditional and digital scrapbook layouts, you’re limited by only one thing: your imagination. If you're a scrapper, you owe it to your craft to try digital scrapbooking! An infinite assortment of exciting new scrapbook layouts awaits, and it’s only a few clicks away.