Being ... and making millions in an online ... or any business for that matter, is a ... effort to be ... and make money. ďOf course I have that!Ē you say? But do you? We all
Being successful and making millions in an online business, or any business for that matter, is a conscious effort to be successful and make money. ďOf course I have that!Ē you say? But do you? We all want to be rich, but do you have what it takes to BE rich.
The very fact that youíve decided to create your own online business is a good start but itís going to take more. You must have the vision and the confidence to make it happen. In a sense itís mind over matter. Telling yourself that the future will make me millions and then making it happen.
How often have we heard that if you think it will happen, it will. If you doubt it will happen, it wonít. The self-fulfilling prophecy. Then why is it most of us who really want to be wealthy end up going down the path of not achieving it at all?
Most often itís because we donít really believe we can do it. The confidence is not there. The thought of going into debt is too risky or giving up that paycheck is too hard. Maybe becoming a millionaire can mean a lifestyle weíre not ready for or feel we wonít be able to live up to, or the effort it takes is just too great.
So how does one overcome these obstacles? Well, first of all you have to really want something. Want it bad enough that debt, work and research are not an obstacle. Itís much easier to go to work every day for someone else than it is to work at creating something of your own. If you like the easy and stable route, then drop your online business thoughts now and go back to your job. However, if that doesnít sit well with you then focus on changing your thinking. Donít be afraid of researched risks, be patient. Keep your confidence level high and donít allow discouragement.
The success of most self-made millionaires is the way they think. They didnít settle on making $100,000.00 a year, they set their sights on a million dollars a year. They surround themselves with only positive advice. They believe in themselves, or if they donít they find out how to gain the confidence they need. For each roadblock they find the detour. Here are a few key factors that might help with your roadblocks.
1. You wonít get rich working for someone else. This is not to say you should quit your job today and venture into the unknown, however; simply understanding that fact can have an impact on your future goals. Make a plan to start a business part time with a goal for full time. Donít overdo it, make a realistic plan and leave time for yourself, but set a schedule and stick to it. Be prepared to work hard for two or three years with the notion that success will follow. Donít expect to get rich quick, there is no such thing.
2. Finding your Niche. Take the time early on to research your online business topic. What is your passion? What do you know about? What makes you join in a conversation when you would normally stay quiet? What irritates you? Where do you gravitate in a book store? What have you been doing for the past five to ten years? Find a topic that you are versed in and make a business of it.
3. Invest in yourself. Donít be afraid to spend money for what you feel is worthwhile. Iíve heard so many people tell me that they are afraid to spend money on e-books, courses or tools they need to help their business. Not everything out there is worthwhile, I think weíve all learned that lesson in some form or another, however, with research and reliable references you can easily determine a good value and boost your knowledge that much quicker.
4. Think big. Move your sights to being successful and getting rich. Set goals. If you want to make $5000 a month then set a goal of when you think you might be able to reach it. If you keep a figure in mind youíd be surprised at what action you might take to obtain it, verses not keeping it in mind.
5. Find someone you consider successful and follow their lead. We all have people we look up to and if you can find someone in your choice of interest, focus on them. Find out their background. What got them ahead? Read their biography. When feeling overwhelmed or defeated, visit their website or look back over their books or articles. Gain support and strength from their successes or failures. Always focus on the Ďcan doí because if you focus on ĎI canítí, you wonít.
Elizabeth McGee is the owner of Pro-Marketing-Online, the Expert Marketing Tools site. If you wish to learn more about how to market online from the experts and find expert, trusted tools for promoting your site then please visit Pro-Marketing-Online or subscribe to her newsletter found at http://www.pro-marketing-online.com or email Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org