Is Relocating With Movers a Good Idea?
Professional movers can make the process of relocation quite a bit easier. Moving is not only physically taxing, it is also emotionally stressful. A person’s home is his or her haven. It’s the pla...
- Movers: Professional moving companies box up belongings and transport them from Point A to Point B on a regular basis. They will have packing supplies, knowledge about breakables, a good idea of how long it will take, a truck and muscles. All of these items are necessary to complete the process seamlessly. When a family tries to do it on their own, it will be lots of work and some fragile treasures might not survive the trip due to shoddy packing skills.
- Pets: It may be wise to have the pets staying with a neighbor for the day so that they won’t get underfoot, scared or try to run away. Animals will know something is going on but won’t understand. Packing up the household will surely freak them out a bit. Save them and the family grief by leaving them at a friend’s or neighbor’s house or yard for the day. Getting some tranquilizers from the vet for the road trip might be a wise step, too.
- Plants: Depending on the moving destination, plants might not make it and may need to be given away. If moving from a hot desert climate to a freezing one, houseplants might not be able to tolerate the new temperatures. Giving them to a plant-loving friend will be kinder to everyone. If the relocation is in the same region or one with similar weather, toting the plants along in the car would be wise.
- Kids: No matter what the age, pulling up stakes can be stressful on the children. Giving them a bit of extra TLC, a camera to commemorate all their favorite parts of the old house, a promise that they can return to visit old friends and a self-thrown going away party might make saying goodbye a little sweeter.
- Welcome box: Get a cardboard box and fill it with items that will make the family feel “welcome” in their new place before everything’s unpacked. Non-perishable snacks, paper towels, bottled water, toilet paper, soap, Rover’s leash and anything else that will make everyone in the clan more at home in their new house should do the trick.
Relocation can be challenging but it can also be a grand adventure. Hiring movers and showering TLC on kids, plants and pets will make everyone more comfortable during the process. Unpacking a “welcome box” after toting it along in the car will make the first day at the new address more comfortable.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When searching for charlestown movers residents want someone they can trust. For more information please visit http://www.lowemovers.com/.