The Pros and Cons To Starting Your Very Own Online Ebook Store
If you’ve ever considered to start an online ebook store, but for any reason have been hesitant to do so because your not certain whether this is for you or not, I have written this brief article with...
Here are just a few of the Pros and Cons that can help you make an educated decision about starting such a venture.
1) Your In Control – Depending on your daily schedule you get to decide when and how often to work on your new store.
2) Choosing A Name For Your Book Store – Much of the pleasure with starting any kind of business is getting to name it. Just make sure to choose a catchy name that’s easy to remember for potential and returning customers.
3) No Inventory – Unlike traditional paper bound books an ebook does not take up book shelf space. All you need is a reliable web hosting company to upload your files and images to and you’ll never have to dust a cover or package them in a box because their all kept on a computer hard drive ready to be downloaded when a customer completes the checkout process.
4) Brandable – Many ebooks can be branded with personal information such as website URL’s and email addresses so that if a customer likes what you have to offer the links that can direct them back to your website or to your contact information can be found inside the book itself.
5) No Store Hours – Unlike a traditional book store your business online never closes allowing you to have your products ready for sale 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Also your potential customer base is not limited to just the town you live in, but to anyone in the world that has a computer
6) Earning Potential - Now don’t take this the wrong way....... Unless you know some top secret way to convince people that your product is far superior to all others there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to leave your full time job in order to sell ebooks as a primary income. Although, over the years I have found ebooks as a nice “compliment” to my full time job earnings.
This doesn’t mean that making a living selling ebooks is not possible. As a fact many people who have sold ebooks with reseller rights or have found a high demand yet low competitive niche subject to write their own ebook about have been quite successful indeed.
1) Taxes – No matter what type of business you run, it is very important that you keep track of ALL expenses and earnings so that when taxes are due you will have everything you need to provide your tax preparation service with.
2) Operation Fees - Even though the costs will be far less than owning and renting a retail store filled with paper books, there are some expenses you will have with an online ebook store to deal with.
For example: You will want to accept credit cards on your site. Most credit card processors only charge a one-time setup fee and then only charge a percentage of each sale you make thereafter.
You will also need a place to store your files and pictures on the internet so that they can be retrieved for viewing by potential customers. For this you will need a web hosting service. These can be set up for once-a-month billing all the way to once-a-year billing. It all depends on your hosting companies package deals.
3) Marketing – In order to make sales people must find you. A few ways to market your items for sale range from search engine placement, paid advertising, link swapping, joint ventures and article writing. Marketing can prove to be a tough process, but is very necessary for the success of your business.
4) Web Site Setup/Design – This may be considered an enjoyable thing by some people, but unless you hire a web design company to create a themed layout for you and if you’re not familiar with web site design this can be a time consuming process.
On the other hand, by doing the web site work yourself can prove to be an excellent opportunity to learn about web site design and management so that you can add or delete pages at any time you feel necessary.
Hopefully this article has convinced you that ebooks are definitely a great product to start a business with.
Just keep in mind that with any business in order to be successful it is a wise choice to write up a business plan to chart your course and once up and running you must push through all the ups and downs and never give up.
If you would like more information on how to start your very own ebook store and to get access to over 100 ebooks with FULL resell rights you can visit Dan Preston's website Infoheaven Digital Books at http://infoheaven.bravepages.com/Book-Store.htm
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dan Preston has been in the ebook business for over 3 years and has enjoyed every moment of it. His website InfoHeaven Digital Books offers a variety of ebooks big enough to answer almost anyone's how-to questions.