Decorating Latino Style
Are you trying to find the right color for the living room? Maybe you are having trouble deciding what to show off in your display case. Here are some helpful tips that will have you decorating better than an interior designer.
Have you ever looked at a home décor magazine and wished your house or living room looked like that. With a little time, effort and a little elbow grease you would be surprised at how much you can do and save. Recently everyone has caught the “Latino Bug” because we all like the idea of adding some spice in our lives and even our own living rooms. If you are thinking of simply spicing up a room such as your living room, look no further than your brain. There is no reason you have to hire an interior decorator who charges thousands of dollars to do the same thing that you could do. Here are some tips that could spice up your living room using a “Latino” theme:
1. Paint- Go to the hardware store and purchase some interior wall paint in a calid shade such as deep or maroon red, Sunrise Orange, or even Brown. Paint the room with your chosen color to create a bold look.
2. Furniture- If it is within your budget, buy new latino-esque furniture. If not, just purchase a few sofa covers in some neutral shades that complement your choice of wall paint color.
3. Flooring- If you are on a budget, look for laminated tiles using browns, reds, and coppers. If you can spare a little change to improve the look, you can purchase Mexican terra-cotta floor tiles for a more traditional look.
4. Lighting- Recessed lighting will always help create a warm and inviting look.
5. Accessories- Decorative accessories are the final touches that will surely make the difference in how all of the other elements will come together. A good source of Latin style accessories is www.LatinoSpiceDecor.com. Look for accessories that will complement your flooring, wall and furniture color palette. I am especially fond of their Aztec Shot Glasses and their Diego Rivera Art Prints. They are neutral enough to fit any color palette you choose. Don’t be afraid to spruce up your walls with indigenous style wall hangings. You could also display a Marble Aztec Pyramid or even a decorative Aztec Tequila Bottle as your coffee table centerpiece.
Follow all of these tips and you are sure to end up with a living room fit for entertaining guests. You will see that the warmer tones will create a more lively and inviting look that your guests will love. The accessories and the style of flooring will surely be the topic of conversation at your next party. Who knows, you may end up hosting a salsa dance contest. Have fun decorating!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Juliah Farciert was born and raised in Houston, Texas. She graduated from the University of Houston with a degree in Finance and has since worked in a wide array of industries, including Market Research, Food and Hospitality, and most recently, Interior Design consulting. She is currently moonlighting as a freelance home décor writer.