How to Kill Bed Bugs
What are bed bugs?Bed bug or bedbug is part of the Cimicidae family. They feed on the blood of humans, pets, and other warm blooded hosts. They are active and feed at night time.When bitten by bed bug...
Bed bug or bedbug is part of the Cimicidae family. They feed on the blood of humans, pets, and other warm blooded hosts. They are active and feed at night time.
When bitten by bed bugs, we do not feel them because of a protein that they inject into our skin. However, the bite produces a small itchy red bump. Most of the time, we would say that we are bitten by mosquitoes or other insects without even suspecting that we are bitten by the bed bugs.
They can live anywhere and everywhere, much like cockroaches.
How are they transmitted?
1. Apartments – Ever wonder why your apartment still have bed bugs even though you’ve recently hired a pest control company to kill the bed bugs? It is because of your neighbors. If your neighbors have them, some of the bed bugs will travel to your apartment. Making your effort to eradicate them, unsuccessful.
2. Traveling – Most hotels have bedbug infestation because they have guests coming in constantly. That is why you can carry those bed bugs from the hotel to your house.
3. Used Furniture – If you are buying second-hand furniture and clothes, double check everything and see if it has an infestation. You don’t want to bring in those bed bugs to your house.
4. Guests – If your visitors have an infestation of bed bugs in their house, they might transfer the bugs in your house. Specially, if they visit you constantly.
How to detect them?
Some say that bed bugs would release an obnoxious sweet odor. But the best thing to look for is their waste. Bed bugs leave tiny reddish or black streaks on fabrics, dried blood, feces, dead bed bugs, shed skin, and eggs.
Time for an inspection!
Now that you know how to detect them, it is about time to look for their hiding places. Possible places are, but not limited to; bed mattress, carpets, wallpapers, cracks and crevices, furniture, appliances, bed frame, head boards, suitcases, bird and bat nests, clothes, and any place that is dark and isolated.
Killing the bed bugs!
When you find their hiding places, here is how you can kill them:
1. Spraying insecticide all over the house.
2. Repairing any cracks and crevices.
3. Vacuuming the whole house.
4. If there are stuffs in an infested room, put them in a tight container and just leave I in that same room.
5 . Steam cleaning can kill bed bugs and their eggs because of the high heat.
Having bed bugs, germs, and molds can make your home unhygienic. You would not even want to live in houses that are infested with them.
If you call Keen to Clean Group, we can actually help you remove them and make your home livable again.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brijesh Purohit is the Managing Director of Keen to Clean Group. He has sound business background been running the Keen to Clean Group since he started it with Jignesh Prajapati in 2003. He holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and Master of Information Technology. Brijesh is responsible for business development and the franchise side of the business.