Modern home owners like to experiment with new ideas and designs when decorating their homes. While wall papers and decals have enjoyed their fair share of importance in home décor, interior and exterior grade laminates are the new entrants, using which decorators are creating classy looking interiors.
Laminates are those external surfacing products that are used to transform the overall look and feel of the exteriors and interiors of a house. While exterior and interior grade laminates are conventionally used on walls to transform the look of these basic concrete structures, they can also be used in different other settings and living areas to add a dash of colour and glamour.
Here are a few areas where you can artistically use the laminate claddings to give a new look to a space:
1. The Puja Room: The idea of decorating a Puja room varies from person to person. While some prefer the pristine whites, others like the dazzling metallic shades and you can get them all in the compact laminate sheets.
2. The Stair Steps: You can give your stairway a grand look by covering the steps with shining laminates. The stairway can actually become the centre of attraction in your living room if you design it well with decorative laminates.
3. The Aisle: Mostly people ignore the aisle assuming that no one will really pay attention to this space but the aisle can also be given a makeover if you can select the right laminate designs to clad the aisle walls. You can simply clad the walls of the aisle with laminates having geometric patterns and turn the same into your personal photo gallery where you can hang photo frames of your loved ones.
4. The Porch: The porch of your house is another important space that you must not ignore. Cladding the walls of the porch can give your house a classy feel. You should ideally use laminates made with the GLE technology for this space as they are resistant to water, heat, and fire and are ideal for the exteriors.
5. The Balcony: People ideally do not use wall claddings in the balcony but doing that can completely transform the look of the only open space of your house, especially if you live in an apartment. The interior wall of the balcony can be clad with hard wood coloured laminates and the floor carpeted with artificial grass and lined with white stones to give the open space a wonderful close to nature look.
6. The Study: This little place where you like to spend your most productive hours working and ideating must be decorated with utmost care. You can use good quality interior grade laminates to cover the walls of the study from ceiling to floor and install ceiling lights to give the place a wonderful feel that is warm yet uncluttered.
7. The Living Area: Interior grade laminates with interesting patterns and textures can be used to make headboards and backrests and paired up with floor seating to give the living space a contemporary as well as chic look.
Therefore, if you are really looking for innovative ideas to transform the look and feel of different spaces around your home, you can always experiment with good quality laminates. Just get the right decorators to do the work for you and you will have the classiest looking home.
Nisha Chopra is a well-known architect and has designed many homes till date. She believes interior wall cladding to be a nice option for designing and improving the mechanical strength of your home. Read her articles and you will come across some of the key advantages of this material.