We understand that you deserve nothing but the best of what life has to offer. Let the SNZ team of Interior Designers guide you in creating the new world you and your family deserve. Let us handle everything to make your home look perfect. If you are planning to re-style your space, then you are the right place. Just do get in touch with us and let us take over your worries to create your dream space.
1. Spruce up your entrance: Would you like to make a good first impression on friends and guests? Spruce up your entrance with wall hooks, baskets, key holder, shoe racks, umbrella stands, and coat holder. All these accessories give you a place to put your things while also making your apartment look smooth and elegant.
2. Purchase cleaning supplies: Before moving furniture inside, give your apartment a good clean. Make sure the walls, furniture surfaces, and toilets are properly vacuumed and moped. Do not forget to pick up disinfectant wipes, spray as well as vacuum bags and cleaner while buying items.
3. Add a fresh coat of paint: Apply a fresh coat of paint to the walls to personalize your first flat. If you are renting, make sure to ask the landlord first for approval. Another way to infuse a property with style and enjoyment is by adding peel-able and disposable wallpapers. As this wallpaper can be stripped quickly when you leave, landlords usually allow it.
4. Set up utilities: When you purchase your first flat, you will need to contact all service providers a couple of weeks before moving to arrange delivery dates and times after moving in Utilities include cable and internet, water and sewer, gas energy, television, security systems(CCTV) and telephone service. If there’s less natural light during the daytime then make provisions for light fittings.
5. Get an extra set of keys made/Biometric lock: Don’t forget to make an additional set of keys for your apartment. Otherwise, one of those days you might consider yourself shut out. It is a good idea to keep a set in case of emergencies with a reliable friend or family member. Nowadays, you can get a biometric and pin lock installed on your door, which will also improve security for your apartment.
6. Purchase furniture: When moving to your first apartment make sure you take space measurements. You can, therefore, decide whether or not the new furniture suits. Many people who move to a first apartment will need to buy at least a few basic pieces of furniture. Try investing in a comfortable sofa and bed, if on a budget. If you have kids, don’t buy furniture with sharp edges. Moreover, if you don’t want other people peeking into your home; get opaque curtains, sheer treatment or one-way glass installed on your windows.
7. Explore your neighborhood: Get this out of your house to conquer your new surroundings! Wander around the city, keep driving or cycle, to get a good sense of where you are and what’s around you. You want to be sure of the safety level in the region you are moving into. If a locality has a bad safety record, there’s the risk your family won’t have the peace of mind they’ve dreamed of in the new area. Use Google maps, where you can locate local grocery stores, parks, colleges, museums, libraries, hardware stores, clinics, and pharmacies.
Supriya Jadhav, founder and principal designer of SNZ Designs Pvt Ltd, is a Mumbai (Andheri west) based Interior designer creating multi-faceted, luxury residential, hospitality, commercial and retail environments.
Zuber Khan is a firm believer of this wording. He is the co-founder of SNZ Designs PVT / LTD. His work is a fusion of modern with a traditional to contemporary classic and playful twist.