Please note that this is a guideline and that in each case eligibility will be determined by the program administration. Basic applicant qualifications: 1. The applicant must be living in a proper...
Please note that this is a guideline and that in each case eligibility will be determined by the program administration.
Basic applicant qualifications:
1. The applicant must be living in a property that they own.
2. A renting privately.
Secondarily the household must also meet the following criteria:
1. The property must not have a working central heating system.
2. Must be poorly insulated.
Additional personal requirements which must be fulfilled to be eligible for the Insulation Grant:
1. An income related Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and this award must include a work-related activity or a support component. This includes all contribution-based ESA persons within the support group get an income related top up since they qualify for the enhanced disability premium available with income related ESA.
2. A Pension Credit
And persons awarded:
1. An income related Employment Support Allowance within the first 13 weeks of the claim.
2. An income based Jobseeker's Allowance.
3. Income Support
In addition to one of the above the person must meet one of the following conditions:
1. A child under age 5 living with you.
2. A child tax credit award that also includes provisions for a disabled, severely disabled child or young person.
3. A disability or severe disability premium.
4. A pensioner premium.
These are the basic requirements to quality for the Insulation Grant.
During the initial application stage applicants will be asked some simple questions relating to the structure, age, heating and insulation of your property. The information gathered will be used to determine whether or not your application is qualified to continue the process.
Remember that in addition to meeting the requirements for the qualifying benefits listed above, the property you live in must also not have a working central heating system or must be poorly insulated or both.
If a household meets the qualifications then improvements worth up to £3,500 or up to £6,000 where oil central heating and other alternative heating technologies are suggested.
Please note that this summation is for the application process in England only. To apply for the program in other areas and to review the qualifications for those areas please refer to the following program titles.
1. The Wales area – Home Energy Efficiency Scheme
2. The Scotland area - Scotland Energy Assistance Package