Tips For Increasing Web Traffic On A Limited Budget
Having created your website, your next task is to drive traffic to that website. However, when most people start their online business they have limited financial resources.
When you have created your website for your online business, your first priority is to drive traffic to that website. The challenge most people have when starting online is a lack of financial resources, and consequently their advertising budget is often limited.
However, there are many ways of increasing web traffic on a limited budget and we will explore some of the most powerful and yet the most cost effective ways to increase the number of visitors to your website.
1. Consider offering free reports and free content. An effective and low cost way of increasing your web traffic is to giveaway reports that include your website URL. Write valuable, short reports that include your website link and offer them for free on a website where you ask visitors for their name and email address before they are able to download the report. Giving away this report that advertises your website link will increase visitors and also build your list.
2. Create your own blog. Blogging has proved to be a very effective way to increase traffic to your website. You can discuss your website’s products and services and provide links to your site within your blog posts. Provided that you blog regularly you will have fresh and unique content. This will help to improve your site’s indexing by the search engines and thus rank high on those search engines. More visitors to your blog will help increase traffic to your website.
3. Publish your own newsletter. You can offer free tips, advice and content when you have your own newsletter. Your regular newsletter should contain links to your website. As long as your newsletter is informative, with useful advice, your readers will be prompted to visit your website.
4. Start your own forum. Obviously this should be related to the products and services you offer on your website. By having a forum on your own particular niche you are clearly establishing yourself as an authority. You should have your website URL in your signature post. Each time you answer questions and help people in your niche, you are improving the chances of the forum users visiting your website.
5. Exchange links with websites that have high popularity (PR) rank. Identify websites related to what you offer on your website and exchange links with the webmasters. If the websites have a high popularity rank on search engines, this can be very effective. By doing this, some traffic will come to your website from the linked websites.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John Coates offers more advice in generating traffic to your website in his free Traffic Generation Club.