Video Editing Software Reviews - Features to Consider - Top 3 Video Editing Software Programs
So you've seen someone else do it, can you also edit video and make your own move or clips. It could be easier if you knew what to look for in video editing software.
Have Some Fun the High Tech Way With Video Editing Software
Video Editing software is a personal software program designed to make editing your movies as fun as shooting them! The best video editing software is user-friendly for capturing, authoring and burning. Capture your life on film. Create your own action movies, your funniest moments or your most special memories with a sound video editing software program.
What can you do with Video Editing Software?
Capture your videos
• Upload video files using popular formats such as video from Windows Media Player, Real Video, and Quicktime:
• Video from digital recorders the cream of the crop video editing software can capture video from HDV, DV, analog camcorders, microMV and from PC and digital cameras
• Capturing video from the traditional entertainment formats such as TV, or VCR recording with the proper hardware.
• Mix, combine or rearrange video with timeline editing you are able to drop and drag video clips or flies where you need them.
• You can add text, menus and titles to your videos. Several programs come with a variety of menus, title templates, and you can also add text effects.
• Add narration, sound effects and music, have a good time editing your videos. Let your imagination flow by creating sound tracked wedding or birthday videos. Show off your humorous clips, by adding comedic narration and sound effects.
• Establish an online video album check out sites like StashSpace, MyPhotoAlbum or Drop Shots which offer family friendly secure accounts. This creates a private online space where everyone can share your videos with friends and family.
• Show your videos off to the world by posting them online. Post to your own video blog (vblog) Google Video, YouTube, or Grouper or any of the other video sites online.
• Design video gifts burn them to DVD’s. Create marketing presentations or archive your collection onto blu-ray disc.
What to Look For in Video Editing Software
When shopping for video editing software decide how you want to use the software. The programs run from very simple to more difficult. A simple program might only burn DVD’s or convert formats. There are programs that offer very thorough editing tools, such as special effects, complicated templates, and sophisticated timeline edits.
Video editing can put a strain on your computer. This means an upgrade to your computer may be necessary. Your computer will need adequate memory to run a video editing program. It is important to purchase one that you can effectively run on your computer.
Top features to value in video editing software.
1. Easy to operate – Editing can take several steps from start to finish. Give the software a test run and make sure it is easy for you to operate.
2. Broad range of features – You want enough features to get the job done you are trying to complete. The higher the number of features, may mean the more complex the software program is to operate.
3. Very easy to complete installation – Is the installation process simple to follow and as few of steps as possible for the new video editing person.
4. Technical Support – Is there anyone there to return emails or answer the phone. You are going to have a question and you want the company to be there to help you.
List of features to have.
Ability to capture from different sources such as HDV/DV, Audio CD, Camcorder, VHS, TV Hi8 and 8mm.
Able to capture and import video and change the size and time limit.
Different editing views such as timeline and storyboard.
Able to split, trim, add text, insert audio tracks zoom in and out, loop playback and divide scenes.
Various effects are needed such as special effects filters, titles and scrolling credits and add text animation.
Slow motion effects are often used as well as the ability to change the contast.
Various photo editing tools are also useful.
Audio editing features such as trim/fade, mute, add, mixing and crossfade.
Top 3 Video Editing Software Programs
1. Pinnacle Studio
2. Power Director
More on Features:
The more tools available on a video editing program the more difficult it will be to use. A good program will have tools that are easy to use.
If you purchase a complicated program the chances of actually implementing it are slim. So pay attention to the product’s ability to recognize the camcorder, and the setting up of all software capabilities.
Video editing is a great and exciting way to have some good old high tech fun! Discover your imagination all over again with video editing software!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Richard Seng tells it like it is. Richard is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with an informational website where you can find the top rated DVD MultiMedia software programs. In many cases you can find discounts that range from 10% to 25% Off at AllDigitalGuide.