A Workers Compensation Lawyer Handles Variety of Cases
One thing that a workers compensation lawyer can count on is handling a variety of cases. Here are some things to think about.
Here are a few areas that a workers compensation lawyer may be called in for:
- Employees in America affected by Japan's disaster: Since reports of radiation following the huge disaster in Japan have reached one-thousand times the safe limit, contamination has even been detected on the east coast of the United States. The EPA is monitoring a variety of exposure possibilities for U.S. citizens. Not only is this contamination affecting employees on the island of Japan, but it's affecting other countries and making the officials wonder how the American funds could cover such a disaster at one of our country's nuclear plants.
- Athletes: Professional athletes may seem to have a cushy job but they are also humans prone to injuries which could prevent them from working. When a basketball player twists his ankle on the court, he or she is a candidate for funds and legal representation.
- Prison safety: Prison employees put themselves in danger every day. Governmental officials are working to amp up safety in order to keep employees safer and claims from accidental injuries down.
- Medical workers: Doctors, nurses, and laboratory employees can make claims if they get sick or injured due to their jobs. Although safety measures and precautions are adhered to as much as possible, these professionals put their lives on the line on a regular basis by constant exposure to disease.
- Holiday sales stampedes: Even working in retail stores can be fatal. Retail chains and stores offer shockingly low prices on big ticket items in order to lure masses of customers to shop on the day after Thanksgiving. A limited number of big screen televisions, iPods and computers are offered at a fraction of their regular cost to customers who show up early morning of the first day of the sale. It has become a routine event to have crowds camping out in the parking lot ready to storm the place and pick up the deals. Unfortunately, this has left store employees injured or even dead. Lack of appropriate crowd control measures result in workers' comp claims.
- Factories with unsafe conditions: Machinery that hasn't been maintained, exposure to toxic chemicals, malfunction of equipment – many things can go wrong while working in a factory. This is another venue where claims often occur.
A workers compensation lawyer is an expert in the laws pertaining to employees' rights. If a person has been injured wrongfully during the line of job duty, he or she should contact a legal representative to learn about his or her rights. Many of these cases are accepted by attorneys on a contingency basis, meaning that no money leaves the plaintiff's pocket till the case is settled.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Injured on the job? If you need a Boston workers compensation lawyer, there are specialists in this field within that region. To find one, please visit http://www.pomykatolaw.com/