Payment of wages to labors is mainly governed and finally administered in accordance with federal and state legal guidelines. Each of its sets of rules is quite extensive and complex while interplayin...
Payment of wages to labors is mainly governed and finally administered in accordance with federal and state legal guidelines. Each of its sets of rules is quite extensive and complex while interplaying among them is quite complicated. If you are not paid regular wages or full for your work, the law makes you entitled to sue against your employer. In some states, your employer is supposed to pay the total wages that you owe in addition to the professional charge of unpaid wages lawyer in Los Angeles, CA. Under such circumstances, however, your employer’s failure in paying you wages allows you to add some grounds to increase your other claims too.
The Details of Wage Claims
• You may claim for unpaid wages in case your employer fails to pay you in the due time;
• Minimum wage;
• Payment for break period (recess) time according to the law if denied;
• The wage for ‘off-the-clock’ work;
• For the time you’re in need of putting on and taking off your safety gears or factory uniforms;
• For non-taken accrued vacation time used for company job (as stated by state law);
• Premium pay for overtime based on total worked hours over the standard minimum hours. (Over 40 hours under federal law; or above 8 hours workday under state laws), or
• For traveling time per workday (in some states, certain travel time to and fro workplace is allowed)
• But, depending on the state you work, there’re many differences as to how you will be compensated, like computation of travel time or paying of minimum wages. Here working with an unpaid wages lawyer in Los Angeles CA, makes it possible for you to figure out whether or not an employer’s action should be treated as a breach of state/federal law.
What Does a Lawyer Do?
Aside from figuring out if your employer has breached the federal/ state law, an employment attorney can let you know the options to challenge an employer’s unlawful behavior and discuss if pursuing the case is worth or not.
Discuss Your Options
Whereas your employer violates the wage and hour laws, you can make a lawsuit against the employer. However, in different situations, the lawyer goes for alternative options. For instance, in some states, you have an option for making a claim file against your employer for your unpaid wages with the state labor department, which holds a hearing on the issue for having the claim money according to the state rule. While choosing the way can be no doubt less expensive as well as faster than making a lawsuit, the negative part of it is limiting the damages that you can recover.
Another good option is also available – you can contact the employer along with your unpaid wages lawyer in Los Angeles, CA in order to negotiate a settlement of total wage claim. The lawyer can compare all these options available enabling you to make a well-informed decision of what should be your action.
Cost vs. Benefit Analysis
Hiring a lawyer comes handy; since they let you know a series of prevailing options, their benefits or advantages and cost for undertaking such actions. Thus, by perusing these measures and calculating fees of lawyers, you can choose options that offer more benefits as opposed to its potential cost for litigation and attorney’s fee. For this you need to know the fee structure of your lawyer’s fee while choosing an option of paying a flat rate is a better choice than a percentage of your total recovery.
Akopyan Law Firm, A.P.C. is a Los Angeles based attorneys representing the clients in practice areas including employment law, personal injury, labor law, sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, unlawful termination, race discrimination, reasonable accommodation, bicycle and bus accidents, sex discrimination, overtime, unpaid wages, wage and hour, and more. To know more, visit https://www.akopyanlaw.com/attorneys/.