Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Saturday, January 16, 2021
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles

Learning About a K-1 Visa During Your Immigration Lawyer Consultation in SeaTac WA

Many people think a quick and easy way to get a greencard and be allowed to live in the United States is to marry an American citizen. There’s even television shows dedicated to this idea!

Not so fast! Yes, marrying an American citizen is one way to file to come to the United States, but it’s still a long and difficult process. You may even be told no! Before you rush off to marry someone to become a citizen, take the time to learn everything you can about the K-1 Visa. That is why many people choose to book time with an immigration lawyer consultation in SeaTac, WA to fully understand the situation.


A K-1 Visa is a visa issued to the fiancé or fiancée of a United States citizen to enter the country legally. This doesn’t last forever, though. A K-1 visa requires that the foreigner marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry, or depart the United States. During your time speaking to an immigration lawyer about whether this is a good idea for you, you will discuss the entire process and learn a lot about the rules and regulations. You will go over include:


#1 The K-1 Visa isn’t right for everyone. Not everyone should apply for the K-1 Visa. The best immigration lawyer in SeaTac, WA will tell you this instead of getting your hopes up, and taking your money. Whether you are approved or not depends on your living situation and where you are both located. In some cases it might make sense to skip the fiancé visa process altogether and go straight to getting married and applying for a spousal visa. For instance, if you are already married or plan to go overseas to their country and get married there, you don’t need to apply for this.


#2 You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for a K-1 Visa. It’s important to note here that while a green card holder is a permanent resident, they are not yet a full-fledged citizen of the United States. The fiancé or fiancee applying for a K-1 Visa must be a U.S. citizen. U.S. green card holders who are not yet permanent residents are not eligible to sponsor a fiancé for a K-1 visa.


#3 Your relationship will come into question. Be prepared to prove your love for one another! The U.S. Government doesn’t want scams or anyone taking advantage of this. You must be able to prove that you have met in person at least one time within the two years prior to filing for a K-1 Visa, with proof in the forms of photographs, flight itineraries, and/or hotel reservations of trips taken together as a couple. Written statements from friends and family who are aware of the engagement, as well as letters or emails between the partners will also suffice in a case of extreme hardship, like a civil war, or where in-person meetings and hotel reservations would violate cultural, religious, or social norms.


You’ll go over all of this and more once you sit down with your attorney. Remember that you only have 90 days of the sponsored fiancé’s arrival in the United States to be legally married with the K-1 Visa, so it is a good idea to already have wedding plans in place when you begin the process. It’s recommended to submit evidence such as wedding invitations, receipts of deposits on a venueFree Web Content, and other concrete plans when applying.

Source: Free Articles from


Beacon Immigration is a company helping families with immigration matter. We provide comprehensive services in all areas of immigration law, including Family and Business Petitions, Asylum and Protection, Citizenship and Naturalization, Waivers and Appeals, Deportation Defense, and much more. With our skilled immigration attorneys working by our side, we strive to support our clients with all kinds of immigration cases. Call (800) 406-1579 or visit to schedule an appointment!

Home Repair
Home Business
Self Help

Page loaded in 0.074 seconds