Pedestrian Accidents in Arizona
Article provided by Phoenix Car Accident & Personal Injury Attorneys - Solomon & Relihan
In the United States, a pedestrian is killed every two hours in a traffic accident. If you are a victim of a pedestrian accident in Phoenix , Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe and surrounding areas, it is important to discuss your legal option with an Arizona personal injury attorney. The types of injuries vary depending on the speed of the motorist, or what type of vehicle struck the pedestrian. Some of the types of injuries include:
Types of Injuries
* Head Injury
* Neck and back injuries
* Fractured hips and bones
* Loss of Limbs
In some occasions the motorist is unknown, labeling the accident as a hit and run and therefore fault is often times hard to determine. There are many reasons why pedestrian accidents happen frequently including:
Why Pedestrian Accidents Occur
* The motorist thinks that they have the right of way if the pedestrian is not crossing at the designated crossing spot.
* The motorist is unfamiliar with the pedestrian laws.
* The motorist is in a rush to get to their destination and does not see the pedestrian.
* Drunk driving
* The driver is distracted (cell phone, children, ect.)
When pedestrian accidents occur it can be very traumatizing for the parties involved. According the National Safety Council, 5,900 pedestrians are killed every year and 85,000 pedestrians suffer from non fatal injuries. Many individuals did not receive the type of compensation they were entitled to when the accident occurred, and therefore got stuck with medical bills and sometimes life changing injuries that they will have to live with for the rest of their life. Some precautions that you can take to help in a case if you decide to pursue one with an Arizona personal injury attorney include:
Steps to take when a pedestrian accident happens to you
* Record the names, addresses, insurance information and license plate number of all the vehicles involved, and make sure to record the information of the witness contacts.
* Do not speak with any insurance company or sign any documents regarding the accident until you have talked about your options with an Arizona personal injury attorney.
* Document the scene of the accident and injury as soon as possible.
* Seek immediate medical attention for all injuries.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Arizona
Many complicated factors are taken into account when establishing who is at fault. In some occasions a third party may be responsible, like a traffic light malfunctioning or a car having faulty parts that make it difficult for them to stop. If you have been a victim of a pedestrian accident and live in Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale or surrounding areas please contact an Arizona personal injury lawyer to discuss your options for compensation. For more information please contact: www.solomonrelihan.com.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Solomon & Relihan are attorneys for pedestrian accidents in Phoenix. If you have been injured, talk to a lawyer. For a free initial consultation with an attorney, contact us by email or by phone at 602-635-1532. For your convenience, home visits and hospital are available upon request.