Stock Fraud Attorney - Advising, Assisting, and Representing Your Financial Interests
There are many ways for individuals and business to commit stock fraud which can range from a simple scam to an elaborate ongoing fraud scheme. A client can hire a stock fraud attorney when they feel they have been a victim of stock fraud.
Some common claims that involve securities and investments are:
• Churning - This form of stock fraud occurs when the stockbroker purchases and sells securities on the account of their client for the sole purpose of generating commissions and is done with no thought of the client's investment interests.
• Unsuitable Investing - Involves a financial advisor or broker recommending the buying of securities that are inconsistent with the clients risk tolerance, investment objectives, and needs.
• Unauthorized Trading - Occurs when a financial advisor or stockbroker fails to get the clients advance authorization prior to selling or buying a security.
• Breaches of Fiduciary Duty - There are times when financial advisors and brokers are considered fiduciaries with their investors that give them the ability to manage the accounts dictated by the client's objectives and needs.
• Failure to follow directions or execute duties of the client - A client has grounds on a legal claim when their sales assistant, financial advisor or broker fails to follow their instruction resulting in certain liabilities.
• Omissions or material misrepresentation - This occurs when a financial advisor or broker recklessly or intentionally fails to disclose the facts or an investment or misleads an investor.
• Failure to Diversify - A customer has grounds for a legal claim and can hire a stock fraud attorney when a financial advisor or broker fails to recommend proper allocation of the assets of the investor into different classes of investment.
There is a statute of limitations in the area of arbitration for stock fraud cases, so if you feel you or a loved one has been a victim of securities fraud and you have a claim, it is essential that you contact a stock fraud attorney right away. Each and every form of stock fraud has an underlying common denominator; they focus on greed that is combined with the disregard for the client's financial situation.
When you call and set up an appointment with a knowledgeable and competent stock fraud attorney, you can learn important information such as what constitutes stock fraud and misconduct, whether or not you have grounds for a claim, what your options are if it is shown that stock fraud was committed, and other relevant information as it related to your stock fraud case. When you speak with your attorney you may find that many investment losses are not related to stock fraud but are the common results associated with the stock market. However, if you are a victim of fraud or the wrongful practices of your financial advisor or stock broker, you can take action and hire a competent stock fraud lawyer to protect your financial security.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A stock fraud attorney can defend you if you feel like financial fraud was committed against you. To get help with this visit: http://www.hornsbylawgroup.com/.