The Requirements and Benefits of E-2 Investor Visa
For residents in countries having a treaty with the US, the E-2 Investment visa is a lucrative opportunity to expand their businesses globally. Via this visa US has opened its doors to foreign investors with creative and revenue generating business ideas. The biggest advantage of the E-2 investor visa is that the minimum investment required is not as high as Eb5 Green Card.
Who can be an Investor?
Investors qualified to apply for E-2 Investment Visas
Anybody willing to make an investment within the US either by buying out an existing business or by starting a new business which will create job opportunities for US citizens can apply for the E-2 Investor visas. The investor has to prove that he is committed to making a business investment symbiotically profitable to the country and his business aspirations. The Government will weigh the amount of investment against the proposed business before declaring it as a substantial amount fit for investing and hence eligible for the E-2 Investors visa.
Requirements for an E-2 Investor visa
There are really three broad requirements that an investor has to ensure before applying for an E-2 visa:
• He or she belongs to a country which has an appropriate treaty with the US. Like India, China, Russia etc.
• That the investor has invested a Government verified substantial amount in a US bona fide enterprise.
• The business, its expansion and development, are the reasons why you wish to apply for the visa.
Benefits of E-2 Visa
How does an investor benefit from an E-2 Visa?
• He or she gets permits work, carry on business and reside in the United States for a period of 2 years.
• Minors can accompany E-2 visa holders as dependents and enjoy the benefits, like employment opportunities for the spouse and schooling for the children.
• E-2 visa permits travel freely within the US.
• Though the visa is valid only for 2 years, the visa can be renewed any number of times.
The E-2 visas work both ways. They attract foreign investments to the US, giving it the much needed boost and opens new opportunities for investors looking to make lucrative investments. It opens a doorway to explore a business initiative within the US. In the event that the proposed business fails or does not meet the stipulated terms, the Government reserves the right to reject the renewal of the visa upon completion of two years. In such a situation the visa holders are given a 90 day deportation notice, in which they are expected to wrap up their businesses and leave the country. The E-2 Investment visa does not extend to dependent minors who are 21 years of age. Upon turning 21 the dependent has to leave the country and re-apply for a visa.
But these are just minor hiccups when you consider the larger benefits. The E-2 Investors visa gives the investors the freedom to expand their business ventures while residing within the country.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Padua Law is specialized firm in Houston, (Texas) and helps overseas investor in obtaining E-2 Investment visa.
Call Alejandro Padua at (713) 840-1411 for consultation on E-2 Investor Visa.