Blog Marketing Strategies That Work
Many bloggers do not understand the importance of blog marketing. A blog needs to be promoted if you plan on operating one that you want to make money with. This article discusses a few blog marketing strategies that do work.
Something that many bloggers do not understand is blog marketing. You need to learn a few online marketing strategies to promote your blog if you are going to operate one that you want to make money with. Letís discuss a few blog marketing strategies that do work.
1. It is important that you host your own blog. Rather avoid using free blogging platforms such as Blogger if you plan on developing a large blog.
The main reason for this is because free platforms can be cancelled at any time. You will lose all the work that you have put into your blog when this happens.
It is also important that you are able to choose a domain name that relates to the theme of your blog. When you have the word blogspot in the URL you are not able to do this.
2. Make use of a professional template. You have the choice of using a free WordPress template or buying one. There are many professional looking templates that will enhance your credibility.
3. Download and install the Google site map plug-in on your blog. Google will then find it easier to spider your blog which will help it rank better.
4. Use a different targeted keyword phrase for each blog post. This is one of the most important and least followed blog marketing strategies.† If you formulate your blog articles around a specific keyword phrase it can help your search engine rankings.
5. Ask for comments.† A great thing about blogging is how interactive it is.†
You are getting people involved in the discussion when they comment about articles you have written on your blog. This can lead to repeat traffic as well as viral marketing.
6. Add your RSS Feed button. Place your RSS feed button at the top of your blog where it can be found.† You can generate a tremendous amount of repeat visitors to your blog if you build a large list of subscribers.
7. Ensure that you post consistently on your blog. Letting your blog go dormant is one of the worst things you can do.† You can set up a series of posts in advance by using automation tools if you're not sure you'll make it back to your blog to regularly post fresh content.
8. Make use of the social directories. You can use submission services such as Social Marker or Only Wire to submit your blog URLs online where search engines can find them.
9. Donít forget about email marketing.† When you have something you want to promote to your email list write a blog post first.†
Once you have published your blog post send out an email to your subscribers and provide them with the link to the new blog post that you have created. This is a great way to get more people coming to your blog.
The above are several blog marketing strategies that do work. When you put a little effort into marketing your blog blogging can be fun and profitable.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR