If you tune to the Rush Limbaugh radio show every day, ... may be deeply stuck in your mind:"I am the best ... talk show in ... is annoying to many ... ... th
If you tune to the Rush Limbaugh radio show every day, these words may be deeply stuck in your mind:
"I am the best most-listened-to talk show in America!"
It is annoying to many listeners, especially those who are new to his show. There is nothing humble in the way Rush talks about himself. I felt myself blushing the first time I heard him talk - can he REALLY say these things about himself??
This is what you would call a "blatant, shameless self-promotion" if it was posted on a public forum.
"Rush Limbaugh is truly a remarkable man. If you don't believe that, just ask him!", sarcastically says the SonsOfLiberty.Org (http://sonsofliberty.org/wrecking_crew/limbaugh.html)
After listening to Rush's show for over 4 years now, I became a believer. I truly believe that he is the most-listened-to talk radio host in America. I truly believe that he is among the most intelligent and wisest political speakers out there.
The power of hypnotizing with words.
Do marketers use the same strategy to hypnotize their prospects into believing they're the best? You bet they do!
How many times have you seen these statements on web sites or in the promotional e-mails you receive:
- "The best Desktop software on the Net!" - "The easiest way to design your own business cards!" - "The ONLY Accounting Package for Health Professionals!"
Backed up by customers' testimonials, these statements put your prospects just in the right mood for doing business with you.
How can YOU make yourself important?
1. List your qualifications and achievements on your "About" page.
2. Mention all the big names and important people in your industry that you have worked with or have met.
3. List all the media and press sources your name has been mentioned in, or you have worked closely with.
4. State your hourly fees that you charge for your services (if you're selling a product, which will save your customers that fee because they'll be able to tap into your expertise from your e-book, for example)
5. Add testimonials from your clients and colleagues that emphasize how great you are.
6. Mention how many years you have been in business, if at least over 5.
7. Be sure to list what courses you have taken and what certifications you hold. Especially if they're well known and appreciated in your target market.
There are other ways to make yourself important on your web site, I am sure you can think of a few! Whatever you, don't ever diminish yourself, your skills and your worth. There will always be people willing to pay for your expertise, IF you present yourself as an expert.