Diamond Jewellery Buying Tips
Jewellery items made with 14k, 18k and 22k gold purity are the most popular in the market to buy and sell. Items such as rings, chains, earrings, necklaces and bracelets are made within these metal purity parameters.
1. First of all you need to buy diamond jewellery items from reliable and safe online or offline jewellery shops. It is an expensive kind of shopping so you should be careful; a little carelessness can lead to disappointing results. You should trust the reputation of the shop or company from where you are going to buy.
2. It is an important point to remember that you should know about the purity of gold which you are buying. In other words you should know information about karats since that would provide information about the purity of the gold used in the item and hence its value. Gold is a soft metal so it is impossible to make jewellery items from pure gold therefore other metals are added to give rigidity and durability. 24 karat gold is pure gold but very soft so this form can be bent easily and it can change its shapes when one tries to wear it.
3. 18k gold is 75% pure, 14k gold, 12k and 10k gold also vary in purity. The ratio of mixing a metal in gold varies from each type of gold therefore you should understand its karat composition and ensure that proper guarantees are provided. When the other metal is added in excess then it gives more hardness to gold and vice versa.
4. How will you receive your purchased diamond jewellery items? Will the company ship them to your home or you yourself will carry them? What would be its shipping charges if bought from online stores? Everything should be clear before buying a jewellery item.
5. The most important point for guidance is to buy jewellery items from the jewelers who are members of reputable jewelers’ association or have multiple physical locations.
6. You should know about the manufacturer of jewellery to make the right decision. Diamond jewellery from a known manufacturer is considered genuine product so try to buy reliable and renowned products having trademark.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Khurram Zaveri is an expert on diamond jewelry and a part of Minawala, which specializes in diamond rings manufacturing.