Help Save Marriage - 7 Tips You Can Start Using Today To Help Save Your Marriage
Do not let your marriage end badly when these 7 tips can help save marriage from divorce. These are practical suggestions that you can start on today, and experience quick results. Notice the difference as you apply what you learn here.
Maybe the reason nothing has worked is because the two of you were not both committed to really changing the things that needed to be fixed. But what if you were? While it certainly does take dedication and determination to help save your marriage, that alone is not enough.
Why would I say that, why wouldn't dedication and determination on the part of both spouses be enough to help save marriage?
Well, let me put it this way. To fix a modern car usually takes the proper tools and even some specialized electronic diagnostic equipment. So, if I hand any adult the correct tools and electronic gadgets and place them in a state of the art auto repair facility, can they fix a car?
No way! You still have to know HOW to fix the car. You need training to know how to use that fancy electronic gadget and also how to replace the proper parts using the proper tools so you do not break anything.
Saving your marriage is similar. While you do not need any fancy tools or electronic gadgets, most people do need some help and advice to diagnose the problems and to figure out how to fix them.
That is why I wanted to give you these 7 tips that you can start to use today, immediately, to help you save your marriage:
1. Learn and practice proper communication. So many people talk about this but do you really know what it means to do it? In summary, you need an environment where you both can feel comfortable opening up to the other, uninterrupted and express your feelings. But that is only half the answer. The other half is for each of you to really listen when the other person is talking. Maybe even take notes to help you concentrate on what they are saying and not what you want to say next.
2. Keep your cool. I know how easy it is to get emotional and angry when discussing marital issues with a spouse. First, slow down. Maybe even implement a 5 second rule where you wait 5 seconds before responding to what the other person said. Stay seated, keep your voice even and soft - even if your spouse does not.
3. Be willing to compromise. This can be a real key to help save your marriage. Both of you have to respect each others thoughts and opinions and be flexible. Sometimes even agree to disagree. Just a little give and take can go a long way.
4. Set goals for your relationship. Goal setting is not just for personal achievement. Set goals for your marriage and the direction you would like it to take. Write them down together. Goals that are not written are useless.
5. Take your time. You can start today, but do not expect to save your marriage in an afternoon. Be patient as you work through each issue with your spouse and plan for setbacks. Do not get angry when these happen, because they probably will. Just keep going forward.
6. You must forgive. This is probably the toughest with a breach of trust, such as with infidelity. For the marriage to survive, though, you both have to be willing to forgive past infractions, both little and big, and do your best to forget about them and not bring them up again. Dwelling on the past is a sure recipe for failure.
7. Consider counseling. Counseling can be a financial burden on the marriage, but do not let that prevent you from considering it if necessary. Check the credentials and reputation of any counselor you consider and only sign up with one that you both agree on.
These 7 tips are only the beginning but I do suggest you begin right away. The benefits of healing your relationship will last a lifetime and are immeasurable when it comes to your own happiness and enjoyment in life.
We have even more powerful tools (no electronic gadgets, though) to help save marriage. You can find them at our website including a mega resource that is available for instant download.
Head over to our website right now and get the help and advice you need to save your marriage. The address is http://www.RelationshipAdviceHelp.com.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find even more powerful "tools" to help save marriage at our website. Visit http://www.RelationshipAdviceHelp.com today and start your marriage on the path to healing.
Mr. Scott has enjoyed assisting people with relationship and marriage issues for many years now. Please note that he may occasionally receive some form of compensation when recommending other experts services or products.