Wedding Anniversary Party - 7 Success Tips
What makes a successful wedding anniversary party? Find out about how to plan a great party for your wedding anniversary so that it is a night to remember. This article gives you great advice about what to include.
Do you want to plan the best wedding anniversary party? If so, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. These tips will allow you to make your party a huge success so that you will remember it forever. Your wedding anniversary is a special occasion that you should plan with care.
1. Invitations: When you are inviting people to your wedding anniversary party don't leave it too late. People always have other plans so if you want a good turn up make sure your invitations go out at least 2 months before the party. Three months would be even better.
2. Use Mementoes: A wedding anniversary is all about celebrating the partnership of two people in love. You can make the celebration special by including mementos from your life together. These can be photos, actual physical items like sea shells or your special wedding song. You can use the mementoes to decorate and also include them in the invitations.
3. Anniversary Favors: To say thank you to all the guests for coming and celebrating with you, you can offer them anniversary favors as a token. This can be a personal gift from the two of you, or it can be something bought. You can make a craft item, fill a box with petals and a chocolate, or anything else you like.
4. Catering and the Bar: When it comes to food you will have to think about how many people are coming before you plan the catering. Most people want to eat when they come to a party. You can choose from a three course dinner, to buffet style and even a roast. The bar can be cash only which will save you money, but if you are having the party at home you can hire in staff to run a bar which you will have to stock.
5. Music and Dancing: No party is complete without a DJ and some music. You can hire a DJ and lights for a really party, or if you want something more refined, then you can get the venue to play some background music. Usually you will have a first dance again to your favorite song and there will be speeches, so it is best to hire a DJ with his sound equipment.
6. Speeches: When you want to have a successful party, you want to keep the speeches to a minimum. These can tend to drag on and on. Make sure that if just two people speak that the speeches are short and to the point. If children or other family members are going to also say a speech, try to break it up over the beginning part of the party so people don't get too bored.
7. Themes: For a successful wedding anniversary party you can opt to have a theme. This could be the year you got married, the season you got married, or use a favorite color. You might want to have a favorite movie theme or anything that is special between the two of you like a favorite country you have visited.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR