There is much written in the personal growth ... (heck, just in my own ... 'The 3-Minute Coach!) about living in the moment. Keeping your eyes squarely on this moment may be one of the
There is much written in the personal growth literature (heck, just in my own newsletter, 'The 3-Minute Coach!) about living in the moment. Keeping your eyes squarely on this moment may be one of the most positive things you can do for yourself. There are scores of articles on why to live in the moment, but I thought it would be helpful for you to recognize the 6 Signals that you're doing it successfully!
1. You feel fully present and alive. It's an 'all systems go' kind of feeling. You seem to know exactly what's going on in every cell of your body. Your senses are sharp and alert to everything going on around you.
2. There is a complete absence of fear or guilt. When you feel guilt, you are focused on the past; when you feel fear, you are focused on the future. This moment, the one right here, you can handle this one.
3. What you do feel is a sense of calm and focus. Even with 'all systems go' as described above, you feel connected to your wisdom.
4. You can see the trees, but feel connected to the forest. There is a big difference between living 'for' the moment and living 'in' the moment. Living 'in' the moment implies there is a plan for the future. You know the direction in which you go and how what you're doing now (the trees) brings you towards that future (the forest).
5. You are conscious of each choice you make as you go through your day, and recognize that life is created through these 'little' choices, or non-choices, for that matter. You experience joy with each choice you make.
6. There are no awkward relationships. When you are fully present in the moment, the past slips off your shoulders. This is true even if you have not yet completely healed the past. When you are fully present in this moment, you allow the other person to be fully present in the moment, and you see them as they are now, not as they used to be. (This can often be the beginning of healing the past).
Allow yourself to be on the lookout for these signals, and congratulate yourself every time you notice yourself living in the moment!
(c) Louise Morganti Kaelin. Louise is a Life Success Coach who partners with individuals who are READY (to live their best life), WILLING (to explore all options) and ABLE (to accept total support). Find many free resources to assist you in living the life of your dreams at http://www.touchpointcoaching.com For her free newsletter of insightful, practical suggestions for creating your best life, email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org