"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his ... and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt. 6:33If you've ever set very many goals, you've probably had at least one goal that y
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt. 6:33
If you've ever set very many goals, you've probably had at least one goal that you just can't seem to reach. You can't seem to lose those last, stubborn five pounds. Or you can never seem to get caught up on your bills.
You are passionate about your goal. You read everything the experts say. You follow their advice to the best of your ability. Still, despite all your hard effort, something seems to be blocking your success. What could it be?
If you find yourself spinning your wheels, check to see if Spirit is your Number One Priority. Your relationship with Spirit will set the scene for all other relationships in your life. It may be time to sit down and set some clear goals for your soul.
Perhaps you've felt an urge to deepen your meditations or connect with your angels. Or maybe you've been meaning to learn a skill such as astral travel or aligning your chakras.
Spiritual goals are the most important, most effective, most powerful goals we can make. When you make spiritual goals your first priority in goal-setting, it puts the wind in your sails! When you put Spirit first, you are much more likely to succeed at your other goals. Here are 8 empowering thoughts to consider:
1. Spirituality is not in competition with "mundane life." It is the very source of it. You are on a spiritual journey whether you realize it or not. Your mind is the projector of your life movie, and your world is the screen. Not making a conscious decision about your soul - is still a decision. The spiritual world is not divided from the "real world." They are one and the same. We are each, always experiencing God.
2. The soul is a body too. It benefits from food, exercise, cleansing, and rest. Whether you want to start a Bible study group or awaken your kundalini, the key is to make a loving decision to raise your soul'sconsciousness. If you can find time to brush your teeth and comb your hair, you can find time for basics such as grounding, centering, and shielding.
3. Spiritual development is a very personal and individual experience. Seek the truth of your own experience to decide what is right for you. Who do you truly want to be? What race do you want to run in this life? If you don't decide for yourself, something or someone else will! Just don't forget to set goals for the afterlife as well as this one!
4. Perfection is relative to your frame of reference. Determine your frame of reference. What is heaven on earth to you? Look at where you've been and how far you've come. If you want to get somewhere, you have to know where you are now. Being fully aware of the now can make it a lot easier to avoid becoming attached to results.
5. Achieving any kind of goal requires endurance. A sharp,laser focus on your purpose can cut through the toughest of barriers. Masters know their purpose and have clarity about it. The greatest achievers write their goals down, along with a plan. This transforms a goal into commitment. There are action steps you can take today, this week, this month to bring you one step closer to your ideal.
6. Spiritual goals are not always that easy to measure. How will you know when you've achieved your goal? Spiritual progress tends to move in a circular fashion rather than alinear one. You know you are on the right track when you experience things "coming full circle" in your life. Deja vu, synchronicity, and a smoother life are signs that your consciousness is expanding.
7. Be sure to review your spiritual goals daily, weekly, or monthly. Whatever works best for you. Just remember to take stock of your accomplishments and give yourself rewards for sticking to your plan.
8. If you have the spark of life within you, which we all do, then you carry divine power within you. How that power is spent is your Divine Responsibility. Only YOU can use and develop your unique gifts! You are an emissary of heavenly light. Steward this light and see how easily the rest of your life falls into place!
Your creator lives within you and you live within your creator. So, don't just live like Heaven is within you, live like you are in Heaven!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Article by Avalon De Witt. Visit http://www.psychicavalon.com for more original content like this. Reprint permission granted with this footer included.
Avalon De Witt has practiced as a professional psychic and spiritual counselor for over 10 years and has studied the Tarot and other forms of divination for over 21 years. She has worked successfully with thousands of clients world-wide. Avalon believes that the Light of Divinity resides in us all, and she is devoted to revealing that Light in your life. Her focus is to show you how to tap into that source of unlimited power and knowledge within YOU.