Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Friday, December 13, 2019
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles

How to Get Non Availability of Birth Certificate for Passport

Non-Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) is an alternative to authentic birth certificate. It can be gotten through the birth registrar that registers births. It requires hospital’s documents, school leaving certificate, PAN card, voter ID card, driving licence and passport (that should be either current or expired).

What is Non-Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC)?

Non-Availability of Birth Certificate is a legal proof of an individual’s unregistered birth. It works as an identity proof. Therefore, it helps in overcoming the loss of legal birth evidence.

It must be sought if:

  • The birth registration was unregistered in the first year of the birth.
  • The original birth certificate is unavailable.
  • The original birth certificate was destroyed in fire or due to other reasons.
  • The competitive authority is rejecting application of drawing original birth certificate.

Is NABC an alternate of birth certificate?

Yes, it’s an alternate of birth certificate. The birth’s proof is significant since it removes legal barriers in taking admission in the school and college. It, therefore, is declared an acceptable document of identity for passport and green card. It reads the name, place and date of an individual’s birth. In addition, it has parents’ name, address and hospital where he/she took birth.

Basically, birth certificate is the first requirement to fulfill for verification of DoB and identity. But if the person fails to produce it due to the reasons mentioned above, NABC can prove its substitute.

Can it be used as an identity proof for passport?

Yes, this certificate can be used as an identity proof for passport. However, passport issuance requires proof of place of birth. And, it can fulfill its need since it apparently declares the DoB, place and parents’ name. Although it misses out the in-depth details of the birth like hospital’s details yet it is valid as legal document.   

Which competent authority has its issuance power, let’s comprehend it.

Which authority issues it?

MCD (or Municipal Corporation) holds authority to issue it legally. Alternatively, an official who has custody or deputed in place of the birth registrar can issue it.

How one can get it for passport?

To get this certificate, follow these steps:

  • Go to MCD office.
  • Fill the prescribed application form.
  • Or, if the form is unavailable ask the competent authority to make it on his letterhead.
  • Request the competent authority to mention the reason legibly of why birth-proof was not registered or unavailable. It should also be mentioned that the similar records for the time and place are present or not.
  • At the time of submission of the aforementioned application, the applicant must have an affidavit. It should read that the applicant has no legal birth certificate issued by the government. It must be highlighted in the application that utmost good efforts were made to get that evidence to get non-availability of birth certificate online as well as offline.
  • A notarized and attested by A-Class Magistrate affidavit filed by the parents/ relatives should be enclosed as a primary document for it.
  • Other primary documents can be school leaving certificate, intermediate certificate, applicant’s passport, and address proof of parents.

*It must be noted that most of the government authorities reject application for issuing birth evidence. So, withdraw it within the interval of one year of the child’s birth.

*The passport authority does not accept any document other that birth certificate if the applicant is born on or after 1989.

*If these primary documents are missing, some secondary docs can fulfill their requirements.

What are the secondary documents required for this certificate?

  • Papers issued by the hospital authority at the time of birth. It should name the parents and the child.
  • A certificate issued by the doctor or midwife. It should also name the parents and the child.
  • School’s documents which carry the name of the child and his/her parents. These can be school leaving certificate, mark sheet, matriculation certificate, degree certificate, 10th or intermediate certificate.
  • The school documents can also have a letter issued from its authority that shows the date of admission in school, DoB, age at the time of admission, address and parents’ name.
  • State of Federal Census records. But that record must have child’s and parents’ name. Apart from it, they must have DoB, place of birth and age of the child. For example, ration card.
  • Church record mentioning rituals like baptism, dedication, presentation or other one observed after two months of birth. It also displays date, place of birthArticle Search, date of religious ceremony and parents’ name of the child.
  • Adoption decree (in case of an adopted child)
  • Voter card
  • Driving licence
  • PAN Card
  • Passport (current or expired)

Source: Free Articles from


Kim Gill is a passionate lover of creative writing. But technical writing advances him to add more depth to his skill. Her writing does not have a restricted zone. She finds it fascinating to write on different topics, like emigration. Kim loves to illustrate anything under how-to banner for creating engaging content.

Home Repair
Home Business
Self Help

Page loaded in 0.024 seconds