Tequila has earned the reputation of a strong drink that is hard to swallow. Nothing could be further from the truth. The right tequila cocktail can be a smooth and enjoyable drink, perfect on a hot s...
Tequila has earned the reputation of a strong drink that is hard to swallow. Nothing could be further from the truth. The right tequila cocktail can be a smooth and enjoyable drink, perfect on a hot summer day. Once you know your different types of tequilas, then it becomes very easy to mix it into the perfect cocktail. Basically put, the longer the aging process, the darker the tequila. The darker the tequila, the smoother the taste. The fewer the preservatives, the less hangover you will have. No preservatives? No hangover. If you aren't sure, turn the bottle upside down and shake it: if it bubbles, you will feel it tomorrow.
Clear Tequila (Blanco)
Clear tequila does not go through an aging process. It is distilled and bottled right away. Forget the tequila and lime shots! Even though it has a stronger taste and bit of an after burn, it is very enjoyable when mixed into the right tequila cocktail. You want your soda or juice to be your main ingredient.
• 1 1/2 ounces tequila • 1 ounce lemon juice • 1/2 ounce agave nectar • 2 oz. club soda (or enough to top the glass)
• Pour the tequila, lemon juice, and nectar into a collins glass filled with ice cubes. • Stir thoroughly. • Top with club soda. • Garnish with a citrus wedge.
Medium Tequila (Reposado)
Reposado tequila is tequila that has been aged, but not for as long as Añejo. This is a great tequila if you love less bite but still want something that your budget can handle. It is smoother and has a mellower and more easygoing flavor. It's a great tequila to mix with fruit drinks and other well-blending flavors for a delicious tequila cocktail.
• 1 1/2 ounces gold tequila • 3 ounces pineapple juice • 1/2 ounce lime juice
• Shake the gold tequila, pineapple juice and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. • Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass, and serve
Aged Tequila (Añejo)
Añejo tequila is tequila that has been well-aged in whisky barrels for a long period of time. The longer the aging, the smoother the taste. There is no burning or after-taste with Añejo or extra Añejo. This tequila is perfect as straight shots or for sipping undiluted. You want to use the tequila instead of a juice for the main ingredient for your tequila cocktails. Because of the aging process, the price is also a bit higher than its less-aged relatives. Tequila Martini
• 60 ml (2 oz) Tequila • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Dry Vermouth • 1 Whole Cherry • Ice Cubes
• Add ice cubes in cocktail shaker until half full. • Take all tequila martini ingredients except cherry into cocktail shaker. Shake it vigorously. • Take chilled martini glass; strain and pour cocktail in it. • Garnish with red cherry and serve. Whether you like citrus or fruit, there is a tequila cocktail that is right for you. If you have not tried tequila in a long time, it's time to give it another try. Forget the old tales; look for the right quality and the right aging process—you won't regret it. A good quality tequila is a great pantry item and a fantastic beverage on a casual hot day. It's time to give this misunderstood drink another try; you will see what you have been missing.
The Rock N Roll Tequila sells intriguing varieties of premium and pure agave tequilas such as Cristalino, Platinum, and Mango. They also give information on preparing tequila cocktails such as cristalino old fashioned cocktail, mixed drinks, tequila daisy cocktail, tequila reposado, tequila manhattan cocktail, margarita cocktail, tequila amped mojito, and tequila daisy cocktail. For more information, visit https://rocknrolltequila.com/our-brand/.