7 Keys to Effective House Training Your Dog
You love dogs or you just got a new puppy, but you just can't seem to understand how to successfully house train them. Below I present to you the important factors to be successful in house training y...
You love dogs or you just got a new puppy, but you just can't seem to understand how to successfully house train them. Below I present to you the important factors to be successful in house training your dog:
1. House training your dog involves the support of your whole family member. Effective house training comes from consistency in you and your family behavior towards the dog by knowing and following the schedules and understanding the rules set forth for the dog.
2. Understanding the background of the dog you are bringing home, like the breed, the age, where the dog comes from, whether the dog come from a well trained owner or from the shelter. One breed is easier to house train where others maybe a little bit more challenging and therefore you must be mentally ready for it. House training is best started when the dog is still young, If the dog is already matured and have not gone house training, then it will be much more difficult to house train him but you should not move back from it, as House training your dog will go a long way and it is undeniably worth it.
3. It is better to set up new good habit than changing an old bad habit. So instill new habit instead of trying to remove your dog bad habit, it is definitely takes a lot more effort, whenever possible always establish good habit from the start, when you can't remove the old bad habit, try to replace the old habit with new and more exciting routine for your dog.
4. Whenever possible, you should house train your dog yourself instead of placing it into the hand of professional dog trainer, this way you can have an enjoyable and meaningful relationship with your dog. Enjoy the process and enjoy each other companion, this will make house training a much easier process.
5. Think about what role and part of the family, your dog will play even before bringing the dog home. There are things you have to think about like, which part of the house is your dog permitted to enter, where he should be sleeping, is there anything in the house that can cause accident to your dog, how does your dog will affect your cleaning up work? and many more consideration. Once you think this through, you will be able to prepare well and put all this thoughts into your house training materials.
6.Establish a schedule and live by it. Whether the dog is young or has been abused, setting the routines ease them as they will slowly understand and know what is coming. Of course to be successful, you should establish routine in conjunction to your family routine and schedule. Be persistent and patient while running the routines as not all dogs able to learn house training in such a short period of time.
7. Set aside consistent locations for your dog, such as potty place, sleeping place, etc. Don't move these location as it may confused your dog. Dogs not only need consistent schedule and command, they also need consistent place.
That is 7 pointers to successfully house train your dog. House training your dog early will definitely provide the path to meaningful relationship between you and your dogs
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
For Free Information and Tips on Proven, Simple and Effective Dog Training, Leo Enoch highly recommended You visit:http://www.DogTrainingSolution.com