Taking Care of your Dog – The Right Way
Just like any other pets, dogs must be taken care of, by their owners. They require an investment of time, energy and money. This article will give you some tips on how to take care of your dog. There are about 21 factors involved in taking care of a dog. 11 of them are about the basic needs, 5 about different treatments and 5 about equipment.
Be aware of the dog’s basic needs:
1. The toilet training. Without training dogs can get frustrated and cause a lot of trouble. It is best to train your dog as much as possible. Leaving the dog untrained can represent a problem for himself, for you and for other people.
2. Being around people and other dogs. Do not leave the dog alone for long periods of time. This can seriously affect the dog’s mental health. After 4 or 5 hours by itself, a dog can become destructive.
3. Brush the dog every day. It is very important to do that, especially if the dog has long hair.
4. Pay attention to its teeth and brush them regularly.
5. Take the dog for regular walks.
6. Feed the dog with good food. Make sure the dog has a balanced diet. Only in this way you will keep your dog away from the veterinarian. Instead of giving the dog homemade food, you can serve him quality pet food.
7. Make sure the dog has a lot of water and that the water is fresh and clean.
8. Provide the dog with area for exercises and play time.
9. The dog’s bed must be clean and warm. Change the bed weekly.
10. When you are taking a vacation, leave the dog in safe hands.
11. Make sure you have a good vet that can take care of the dog in case he has problems with his health.
Dog equipment: lead for walking, a bed, blanket, scoop to take the dog waste and a good dog brush.
Treatment needs: regular check-ups with the doctor for fleas and worms, vaccines, teeth checkups and, if required, neutering.
Try to keep all these things in mind when taking care of your dog.
You can also add a dog microchip to locate the dog in various areas. There are dogs that can get lost and it is good to keep track of them. Also, if there are any problems or you simply need an advice, you should go to the vet and explain the issues you’re having. He can advise you on a lot of problems you might have with your dog. Another good idea would be to talk with other dog owners, to get tips on how to deal with your dog.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more about diabetes in dog, how to care for a diabetic dog and conditions associated with diabetes in dogs at DiabetesInDogsGuide.Com.