Corporate Website Optimisation
Fact: Corporate websites need search engine optimization too. Myth: A corporate website can't be optimized. Of course corporate websites can be optimized! This article speaks of how important SEO is for corporate sites and how to effectively optimize the homepage and products and services page of a corporate website.
• SEO makes a corporate website more search engine friendly;
• SEO will increase the sales leads of corporate websites;
• SEO brings higher return on investment from corporate websites; and
• SEO increases the corporate website’s brand awareness.
SEO for Corporate Websites
When you optimize a corporate website, you are actually making it easier for the search engines to index it. And more, you are making it a search engine friendly site. What would this imply? It means that you can rightly expect for higher site traffic and more site visitors. Furthermore, it also increases the site’s return on investment.
Optimizing the Home Page
To start the search engine optimization process for your corporate website, consider first the homepage. The homepage is the most essential element of your website. It carries all the relevant links to other pages of the site. Aside from that, the search engines put more value on the homepage since this is also the page from which other relevant websites link to.
Here are some of the simplest yet the most effective tips you can possibly learn from while you endeavor to optimize your website’s homepage:
• Do not redirect the home page to other pages of the corporate website;
• The home page of the corporate website should have a title tag bearing the name of the company and tells about what the company does;
• Include a meta description tag that tells about the company;
• Include relevant texts on the home page of a corporate website (don’t rely too much on graphics since visitors always need relevant information which can be contained in texts);
• The home page of a corporate website should have links to the company’s products and services, contact information and resources.
Optimizing the Products and Services Web Page
After the homepage, what needs to be optimized next? The next object of your search optimization process should be the products and services page. This is also an important page as it carries the company’s products and services. Optimizing the products and services page determines how well your visitors will be able to land on that page.
The following tips will be helpful in the overall search engine optimization process applied to the corporate website’s products and services page:
• Identify the relevant keywords or keyphrases that tell exactly about the products and services that the company offers;
• The products and services page must include a title tag that carries these relevant keywords and keyphrases including the company name;
• If you have more than one page allocated for the company’s products and services, make each of the pages unique; and
• The products and services page must contain relevant texts.
Now that you know how important search engine optimization is for your corporate website, and now that you are already equipped with useful knowledge on how to go about the optimization process, would you still wait? Start optimizing your corporate website now and enjoy higher site visibility, site traffic and return on investment.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
This article is written by nPresence an online web marketing agency that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click advertising, Content Management Systems, Web Design, Conversion Tracking and Analysis. For all your all your web marketing needs, please see Internet Marketing Specialists.