How Can You Learn How to Achieve Top Search Engine ... Robin Nobles If you're serious about having a ... online ... youneed to spend some time studying the search engines and how
How Can You Learn How to Achieve Top Search Engine Rankings?
By Robin Nobles
If you're serious about having a successful online business, you need to spend some time studying the search engines and how they operate.
Why? Because comparatively speaking, search engine marketing is generally much less expensive than traditional forms of advertising, which certainly appeals to those of us with low (or no!) advertising budgets. Also, the reach you can gain through a successful search engine marketing campaign can be extraordinary.
But, how can you learn search engine marketing strategies? People learn in many different ways.
* Some folks prefer to dig for the information themselves, hunting all over the Web hoping to find reliable and trustworthy information. Search Engine Guide (http://www.searchengineguide.com) is an excellent place to start, because the site posts articles written by experts in the industry.
* Other people like online classes, such as those offered through a reputable company like the Academy of Web Specialists (http://www.onlinewebtraining.com), where they can learn in the comfort of their own homes with a trusted instructor. As you probably know, I've taught online classes through the Academy for years.
* Still others like to attend large conferences where they can sit and listen to experts in the industry offer their advice on particular topics. In my opinion, Search Engine Strategies conferences (http://seminars.internet.com) are second to none, and I've served on panels at almost all of them.
* However, still others want to learn on location with more of a hands-on approach. Until now, there has never been an actual "hands on" workshop designed to build your expertise in person. These people want to meet the instructors in person and have the opportunity for personal, one-on-one interaction about their particular Web sites and their unique challenges.
So, this is why Search Engine Workshops.com (http://www.searchengineworkshops.com) was formed, a joint venture by John Alexander and Robin Nobles.
When you attend one of our workshops, you'll bring your laptop and your "Web site" with you. You'll actually be doing exercises that will help you become a more effective search engine marketer.
* Do you have a difficult time choosing keywords that really work for your business or your clients? John Alexander, one of the leading authorities in the use of WordTracker, will demonstrate ways to use WordTracker that you've never considered.
* Do you have a difficult time writing Web site content? I'm a professional writer and author, and I'll be working with you on how to create Web site content that will appeal to your human audience.
* Are you having problems taking your Web site content and making it search engine friendly? Because this is a "workshop," a hands- on method of learning, you'll create a page of content and optimize it yourself, with your instructors standing by to offer suggestions and guide you.
* Are you a professional search engine optimizer who plans to work with clients? At the workshop, you'll discuss guarantees, contracts, how to get new clients, how to service your clients so that you'll continually exceed their expectations, and more.
* Does your Web site have challenges that are keeping you from achieving top rankings? Learn work arounds for those challenges, from the very simple to the powerful and complex, depending on your unique situation.
* Are confused about how to use WebPosition Gold? Have you been introduced to Search Engine Optimizer (GRSeo)? Do you need a Web- based alternative to reporting? At the workshop, we'll actually demonstrate the various tools of the trade and offer tips for using those tools as well as showing new tools you may not have considered.
* Are you interested in having a personal appointment to talk about your Web site and any challenges or concerns you are having? Besides the training and personal help that comes through the workshop itself, each participant will meet with an instructor for a 30-minute private consultation.
Who can benefit from this workshop?
* If you have an online business, or if you're considering starting one, this workshop is ideal for you.
* You may have taken a search engine marketing course in the past but haven't kept up with the current strategies.
* Maybe you're a Web designer who needs to learn how to design search engine friendly sites.
* Maybe you have a large company who needs a stronger online presence.
* Or, maybe you're ready for the "next step" to a successful Web site - what to do "after" you achieve top rankings? If so, this workshop is exactly what you need.
In order to offer personal attention to each attendee, enrollment is limited to around 35. Because the group is small, it quickly becomes very friendly and open. We share experiences and expertise, so that no matter what your level of experience is, you'll leave with an abundance of new information and things to try on your own Web site.
So, give this new way of learning search engine strategies a try. Visit Search Engine Workshops (http://www.searchengineworkshops.com) and look over the agenda. Read some of the testimonies from a past workshop. Learn more about the workshop leaders by visiting the About Us page.
Then, make arrangements to attend our next workshop to be held at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville on May 1-3, 2002. It will be a learning experience you'll never forget!
Robin Nobles, Director of Training, Academy of Web Specialists, (http://www.academywebspecialists.com) has trained several thousand people in her online search engine marketing courses (http://www.onlinewebtraining.com). She also teaches 3-day hands-on search engine marketing workshops with Search Engine Workshops (http://www.searchengineworkshops.com).