Jerry Newhams Simple Golf Tips Part 2 - The Golf Swing
Jerry Newham, one of Europes finest golf coaches, presents part 2 in his series of quick and simple tips to help imrpove your golf game. This time the focus is on achieving a smoother, more consistent golf swing.
Welcome to part 2 of my series of quick and simple golf hints and tips to help imrpove your game. This time we will look at the golf swing.
1) To find a better sense of tempo in your swing relax your grip pressure before you start and make the takeaway of your swing a smooth, unhurried movement.
2) When you complete a full swing, remember to try and remain poised and balanced for a couple of seconds and then recoil the club back in front of you pointing it at the target.
3) To hit a power drive, relax your hands and arms as you start your swing and ensure you make a full shoulder turn into your backswing.
4) The transition from backswing to downswing is and should be the slowest phase of your swing. Forcing the transition to be fast will result in hitting at the ball instead of swing through it.
5) As we start the downswing it is good to feel the hands drop and not drvie down, let gravitiy do what comes naturally. This ensures we drop inside to the ball and not drive forward forcing an out to in strike.
6) In the address position, the body should feel live and active and the arms feel passive. It is the body that anticipates movement which allows the arms to swing the club smoothly.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jerry Newham is one of Europe's most popular golf coaches. Thousands of pupils take golf lessons and junior golf lessons at his golf academy in Sussex, in order to learn the ultimate golf swing. His teaching method is available to everyone through his new DVD, heralded as one of the best tuitional DVD's on the market, and can be purchased from Amazon.co.uk.