Tips on How to Ride a Motorcycle at Night
Riding at night is more dangerous and far too risky than riding during the day. However, you can still stay safe if you know night riding tips and follow them.
Driving a motorcycle is fun and enjoyable. But riding it at night is a different matter. You must understand that riding a motorcycle at night is very dangerous and too risky for an inexperienced rider. The main reason why night riding is dangerous is because most driving accidents occur at night. However, you can avoid them if you know how to ride properly during the night. Following the rules of the road is important also.
Always be responsible with your actions when you’re riding a motorcycle at night. Follow all the protocol in order to avoid accidents in the road. Here are some tips that can help you be safe:
Night Riding Tips
1. Be Visible always—You need to be visible so that other riders can see you. One problem with riding in the night is low visibility but you can remedy this by wearing bright colored-suit.
2. Always check if your headlights and signal lights are working. Use some reflectors so that other riders can notice you. If there are broken bulbs, replace it as soon as possible.
3. Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
4. Proper Dress—always wear appropriate riding suit every time you went for a ride and especially when riding at night. If the temperature is slowing down add some extra cloths in order to maintain your body’s temperature.
6. Make sure that you are comfortable while you’re driving.
7. Always ride at a minimum speed—reduce your speed limit when you’re driving at night and in roads that you are not familiar with. It is difficult to estimate your distance at night.
8. Check your Warning Lights—always check if your headlights and signal lights are functioning. Be sure that you have a brighter light that can reach and aim for a safe distance.
9. Pick Safe Lanes—Don’t drive on blind spots. You can select the center lane as one of the safest lane to drive.
10. Watch out for Crossing Animals—it is important to watch the roads for crossing animals. This is possible when passing by the country side because nocturnal animals roam the streets. Do not drive half asleep; many accidents are caused by this.
11. Always use your Common Sense—always use all your senses. Keep distance on other vehicles. Avoid weaving between two lanes. Do not drive when you’re tired and drunk.
12. Be responsible.
You know that motorcycling is a very dangerous activity. It is more dangerous when riding at night. That is why we recommend you to follow the night riding tips discussed here.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mench Charles believes that some things can't be easily achieved, because you have to work hard for it. The same thing is true if you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle. There are many advantages in riding a motorcycle. However,learn how to ride a motorcycle properly first.