Why Do Women Ride a Motorcycle?
Women learn how to ride a motorcycle not only for the thrill and excitement it brought into their lives but for their personal growth also. Riding a motorcycle help them meet new friends and experience a feeling that they belong.
Studies show that today more and more women discover motorcycle riding as a great hobby. Motorcycling is not for men only. Lots of women do not think their gender is a hindrance in enjoying a ride. Because of their interest in motorcycles, the number of female rider increases every year. Adventurous and practical women find some sort of adventure and thrill on motorcycling.
However, what really are the reasons why women learn how to ride? Listed below are the reasons why women ride a motorcycle:
1. Freedom of the Road- Nowadays woman do not limit their lives nor do they stay at their houses anymore. Aside from raising their kids and doing some household chores are not the things that they can do. Some of them want to have a thrill and be free. They want also to explore the world. Riding a bike can give them freedom that they want. It may be a short live of freedom and excitement but it can give them priceless feeling of being free.
2. Self-Confidence- Some says that it takes a lot of confidence when you’re riding your bike. It is tough to ride this kind of machine, because it is big and hard to handle by a woman. Riding this will take her to be confident to her own abilities to drive it. Being confident and knowledgeable makes her become a great rider. More women are hesitant to ride a motorcycle but when they learn on how to ride they became more confident of their selves.
3. Became Healthy- Some doctors said that riding a motorcycle can help a person avoid illness. Being healthy is a common goal amongst women and motorcycling can help them get a healthy mind and body. Riding, even a short one is an effective stress reliever. Spending more hours outside, and under the sun make them sweat and help them overcome mid-life crisis.
4. Camaraderie- More women often ride a motorcycle because they want to meet others and make friends. They also have this urge to seek others and to ride along with them. Same with men, they want to join some motorcycle clubs also. Being with a group help them build camaraderie and it allows them to share their experiences with others.
5. Keep their Family Together- Many couples want to ride not because they want to enjoy a ride but also to have bonding time with their families. Some families like to ride more often so that they they’ll have family activities together. Some of them want to have their bike identical with each family member while others like matching t-shirts. This will hold them tight as one family.
Women learn how to ride a motorcycle for many reasons. It does not really matters why more women want to ride a motorcycle. It matters that women loves to ride a motorcycle too. This helps them have freedom and help them gain more friends.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mench Charles believes that some things can't be easily achieved, because you have to work hard for it. The same thing is true if you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle. There are many advantages in riding a motorcycle. However,learn how to ride a motorcycle properly first.