AR Mobile App Development - A Path-Breaking Innovation for Businesses
Don't be left behind in the race, build a long-lasting branding for your business with AR mobile app development that is the need of the hour.
Augmented reality (AR) – an enhanced reality with the perfect blending of real and virtual elements. In other words, it transforms the virtual world into real-world while keeping the real-world focus. Thanks to the modern smartphones which are equipped with high-resolution displays, gyroscope sensors, high-resolution cameras, advanced processors to experience AR which improves the user experience with a single tap of a finger.
It is predicted that the economic impact of AR will be $29.5 billion by 2020 and augmented and virtual reality market will reach $215 billion by 2021.
“Augmenting your business with Augmented Reality mobile apps is a break-through method for generating the future ROI”
It is a solo platform to design eye-popping mobile apps. AR applications are robust, intuitive, reliable, secure, highly interactive in real-time, enhanced UX, more engaging, and profitable. It unlocks new opportunities and possibilities for the AR mobile app development with its potential. In this article, we are going to breakdown the AR iceberg to make you understand the things associated with this technology.
Types of Augmented Reality:
1. Projection-based AR: As the name implies, it is a projection onto objects. It is an extended version of projection-based VR and supports mutual occlusion between real and virtual elements. It may not be interactive all the time.
2. Object/Image Recognition based AR: It is also called as marker-based AR and it requires app developers who build the AR specific software that helps this type of AR to function. It uses a camera to recognize the object through markers such as QR codes and scanned images. Here the camera is the reader and QR code is a marker. It recognizes the object and provides information about it and also can replace it with something else.
3. Location-based AR: It fetches the current location from mobile GPS, accelerometer, and compass to help in discovering the locations you need. It is also termed as marker-less and position-based AR. It requires AR specific browser to function.
4. Outlining AR: Like projection-based AR, it outlines the boundaries that human eye and detect.
5. Superimposition based AR: It gives an alternative view by superimposing i.e. replacing the entire object or a part of it using object recognition method.
Essentials needed to build AR mobile apps:
Invoking AR to mobile apps requires
The software development kit (SDK) needed for developing AR mobile apps are
1. Apple’s ARKit3 for iOS platform:
The augmented reality kit, abbreviated as ARKit developed by Apple. It has advanced features such as people occlusion, motion capture, etc. It can track three faces at a time. You can consult an app development company that design AR apps with the help of ARkits.
2. Facebook's AR Studio:
Facebook's product AR studio is the AR tool which is mostly preferred by the third-party mobile app developers.
3. ARCore for Android platform:
ARCore, the tool designed by developers of Google for developing various AR-based mobile applications. Google Glass is a well-known product that is based on AR by the same company.
4. Amazon’s Sumerian and AR view”
Any developer can design their own AR applications using this tool hassle-free. AR view help you shop at your home by seeing the products, gadgets, clothes, etc. before purchasing them. E-commerce businesses can be more benefited by this tool.
What are things used for AR applications:
1. Head-mounted displays (HMD)- the traditional output device for AR
Applications where AR mobile apps can be built?
1. Health care
1. Pokemon Go App
Hire a company which provides image recognition and tracking support, OpenSceneGraph support, platforms (iOS/Android) support, Unity support, GPS, etc. And based on the features associated with the business, spend your budget carefully.
In a nutshell, the future of businesses is going to be augmented by the AR development. The AR has unlimited potential and its applications will have no count. Why wait? Power up your business with the power of AR mobile apps and be a game-changer in the realm of business and reap profits.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am a Digital Marketing Professional and Blogger at Tvisha Technologies. I have experience in Digital Marketing, Google Adwords, Online Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media, SEO, SEM, and Website Traffic Optimization. I have a passion for optimizing websites to achieve business goals and a talent for improving organic SE rankings with my creative approach and thorough research and analysis.