Fundamental Features of Enterprise Mobile Apps
Though the below five are some of the most important qualities of a successful enterprise mobile app, the list is not an exhaustive one; the priorities change as per the demand of the market.
1. Smart push system – The push alert or push notification system of an enterprise mobile app should provide a more enhanced functionality than merely providing information to the user regarding when to download the application’s updated version. This is the reason why only apps with the ‘smart push system’ should be deployed. Through these apps, the developers automatically anticipate the mobile needs of the end users, thus helping to connect with prominent brands which may help play a major role in mobilization. The smart push system takes into account the mobile behavior of the enterprise and uses location based services to supply updates or upgrades.
2. Integration with social media sites – All enterprise apps should be successfully integrated with social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook so that they may have social networking capabilities. However, the enterprises must pay more attention to what is being shared socially via the app, rather than just concentrating on where it is being shared, else the end users will not derive any value from the social sharing component.
3. There should be a local context to the app – Location based mobile applications are highly profitable to an enterprise today. Most brands, especially retailers, must introduce a local context to their mobile applications in order to be able to provide the target audience with information related to offers, discounts, and such other types of recommendations. Features such as GPS, accelerometer, and compass should thus be added to every mobile app deployed in an enterprise.
4. Simple ways of making online payments – In a busy and competitive market scenario of today’s, most mobile audiences prefer making online to direct transactions. This is the reason why an enterprise mobile app should be equipped with a simple commerce engine. The way to make mobile payments using the enterprise app should be as simple as possible so that even users who are not technologically sound can install them for making purchases of the company’s products and services.
5. Consistently well performing – While the ability to function well is the main ingredient of a successful enterprise app, the performance should continue for an elongated time period so that the enterprise retains this mobile application. Therefore, before deploying the app, an enterprise must make sure that it is tested by a team of well qualified IT testers under extreme conditions. Among other factors of performance, the mobile app should not consume too much battery power of the device in which it is installed and should not crash in between in spite of being run over several hours at a stretch.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Copper Mobile is a leading enterprise app development company. We have a dedicated team of iPhone app developers in Dallas TX. We also have multiplatform mobile app developers like Android, Blackberry, Windows phone and others. Our iPad developers Dallas are involved in the development of iPad apps from the very beginning to the launch of the product.