7 useful tips that will make travelling with your pets easier
Are you planning a trip with your family and want to include the four-legged member too? Well, most pet owners find it difficult to take their pets along on a road trip and prefer availing an animal crèche instead.
Are you planning a trip with your family and want to include the four-legged member too? Well, most pet owners find it difficult to take their pets along on a road trip and prefer availing an animal crèche instead. But, if you follow the below-given tips you might take your canine friends with you on a vacation. Many 3 star hotels in Manesar allow pets but you need to confirm at the time of booking.
• Invest in a good crate: If you are heading towards a long journey, make sure you buy a comfortable crate for your pet and put it in the backseat. Your pet must feel comfortable and move inside the crate freely. To avoid sliding, tie the crate with the seatbelt buckles.
• Build the habit of travelling: It will be good to take your pet on multiple shorter trips before you take a long trip. This will help him to get used to with the travelling experience and will make him less anxious.
• Don't leave your pet alone: At any point of time, don't leave your furry friends locked inside the car. Not only this will make him feel anxious, but he might get sunstroke or freeze inside the car in extreme temperatures.
• Don't feed during the journey: Feed your pet few hours before the journey begins and avoid feeding him during the journey. Even if the journey is long; don't give him food until you reach hotel for an overnight stay.
• Carry a pet travel kit: Prepare a checklist of the things you will need for your pet during the travel and carry them with you. Include adequate tissues, plastic bags, medicines, blankets, collar, leash and other necessary things. Don't forget to take his favourite bowl or toy to give him a sense of familiarity.
• Carry proper documents: In case you are travelling to a different state, carry the vaccination card and other important documents of your pet. At certain places and hotels, you might need to show proof that your pet is properly vaccinated.
• Keep count on water intake: Make sure that your pet is not dehydrated at any stage of the travel. Always carry a bottle of mineral water or tap water for your pet and don't give him untreated water to avoid a stomach upset.
By following the above tips, you can fully enjoy your trip along with your beloved pet. You need to prepare your pet with the good habits and make him listen to your commands. Don't allow him to put his head outside the window and make him feel comfortable and attended all the time. If you keep these simple things in mind, you may achieve a truly satisfying and memorable travel experience.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an avid writer and is interested in travelling & blogging and shares his own travel experience on article or blog sites. Through his articles, I can get information about 3 star hotels in Manesar and hotels in Gurgaon.