Discover the Hunter Valley -wine tasting tours
5 Under-Appreciated things about Hunter-Valley If you think Australia's only a country to house koalas and vegemite, then you haven't seen what the Hunter Valley has. Here's a list of the top 5 thing...
If you think Australia's only a country to house koalas and vegemite, then you haven't seen what the Hunter Valley has. Here's a list of the top 5 things that the Hunter Valley is known for, but not fully appreciated for.
1. The landscape - The rolling green hills of the valley landscape is dotted with a diverse mix of some memorable country estates and modern wineries and, along with the idyllic weather Australia always seems to have, it picture-perfect.
2. The proximity - It seems that quite a few visitors are under the impression that getting out to wine country is much more complicated than it actually is. A short two hour drive from Sydney lets you getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city into a sanctum of vineyards and great vino. And speaking of ..
3. The wine - With more than 150 years of experience in the wine-making industry, Hunter Valley knows what it's doing. Ranging from full-bodied whites, medium reds, and ports, there's a variety to choose from. Their crowning jewel is the Hunter Valley Semillion named 'Australia's gift to the world.'
4. The wine tours - And what perfect way to get to the wine than to take a wine tour or two? Embark on a cellar door pass that grants you access to multiple wineries and sometimes even free bottles of wine. This is one of the best ways to educate yourself about the process of winemaking from grape to glass.
5. The cheese - What pairs with wine than cheese? The valley's very own cheese company offers daily cheese talks that guide you through the whole cheesemaking process, finishing with a highly recommended cheese tasting!
With these, the Napa who? French country where?
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Travel writer /blogger.