Enjoy Healthy Vacations
After finding great deals on cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, or cheap vacation packages the last thing you want to deal with while on vacation is a family member getting sick.
The following are suggestions on how to keep you family healthy on vacation and what to do if someone does get sick:
· Sip water regularly to stay hydrated particularly if you are flying or driving. Blood clots can occur when flying especially over long distances. By drinking frequently and using the bathroom hourly the walking reduces the risk of clots. Dehydration can lower blood pressure and cause dizziness or drowsiness. Babies and kids get dehydrated faster than adults without plenty of fluids. Being well hydrated supports the immune system and helps flight sicknesses such as colds and the flu.
· What you drink can either help or exacerbate problems. Avoid alcoholic or caffeinated drinks if in the sun which will cause you to lose fluids. Sweating can quickly result in dehydration. If traveling abroad, check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guide to safe drinking water to determine where you can safely drink from the tap.
· Prevent motion sickness while driving by fixing your eyes on the horizon. Playing game like License Plates can help kids focus on the midpoint of the road ahead. If flying, avoid greasy foods prior to take off, stay hydrated and snack on crackers.
· Prevent sunburn by applying SPF 30 sunblock whenever outdoors. If sunburn occurs apply cool compresses to soothe the skin and moisturizer to keep it from cracking and peeling.
· The best way to deal with swimmer’s ear where water is trapped in an ear is to make a mixture of half vinegar and half water and apply a couple of drops in each ear to help dry out the water.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
www.cheapfares.com employees enjoy writing and sharing travel news articles that engage them and believe others will find interesting.