Get Away for a Short Ski Break Near Geneva
All within 90 minutes of the airport on fast Geneva airport transfers, these top resorts are ideal for a short weekend ski break.
If you're snatching a short ski weekend or mini-break in the Alps, but need to find a resort that’s suited to your ability, it's very important to factor in its accessibility (i.e. its proximity to the airport) so you don't end up wasting valuable ski time navigating the journey to get there.
From the UK, Geneva is one of the most accessible airports in the Alps, with a flight time of just an hour and a half. It's serviced by plenty of budget airlines, and reliable shuttle companies can provide cost effective shared or private Geneva Airport transfers to get you to resorts. But the last thing you want is to jump in to the first cheap ski deal you see, then find out it's going to take another three hours to get to the resort once you land.
Here's a selection that will take no longer than an hour and a half to reach on one of the convenient Geneva Airport transfers.
Top 3 – Just an Hour from the Airport
With a shorter commute from the UK than some poor souls make every day to work, once your flight lands, Geneva Airport transfers will get you to these popular resorts in just one very picturesque hour.
• Les Carroz: a lovely heritage village and part of the Gran Massif ski region that also includes Samoëns, Flaine, and Morillion. The linked area offers 265km of pistes suitable for all abilities.
• Les Grand Bornand: in the Aravis ski region and linked to La Clusaz. A charming and lively resort with great slopes for beginners and intermediates, but also plenty of off piste opportunities for advanced skiers.
• La Clusaz: a traditional village also in the Aravis area and ideal for all skiing abilities, but particularly beginners and intermediates. Linked to Les Grand Bornand, giving a combined piste area of 220km.
• Morzine: part of the massive Portes du Soleil ski region, which is one of the largest in the world, and full of genuine Savoyard charm. Skiing for all levels, with easy blues and challenging black runs. Also very popular with snowboarders.
• Flaines: part of the extensive linked Gran Massif area, with 265km of pistes. A pedestrians-only resort with direct ski-in, ski-out access. Lots of groomed beginner and intermediate pistes along with designated ungroomed black runs for the thrill seeker.
• Megève: an upmarket resort with a delightful medieval village centre, and part of the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area. Mostly suited to beginner or intermediate skiers with lots of lovely scenic wooded runs.
• Les Contamines: nestled at the foot of Mont Blanc and part of the Evasion Mont Blanc region, Les Contamines offers a good selection of varied pistes suitable for all abilities. Lots of wide, tree-lined runs at lower altitudes and some good off-piste opportunities higher up.
• Saint Gervais: part of the Evasion Mont Blanc area and also linked to Les Houches, Saint Gervais is a lovely 19th century spa resort. Best for intermediate and advanced skiers, with no beginner runs at resort level.
• Les Houches: part of the linked Chamonix Mont Blanc ski area in the heart of the Mont Blanc Massif. Great for families, with excellent high altitude, tree-lined beginner and intermediate slopes, and fun, easy off-piste runs.
• Samoëns: a traditional village with lots of Savoyard charm and jaw-dropping views of Mont Blanc. The resort has a consistently excellent snow record and 145km of varied terrain for skiers of all abilities, linking to 265km of pistes within the Gran Massif area. Great for snowboarders.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lukas Johannes is a driver for Shuttle Direct, the number one provider of shared and private airport transfers all over Europe and northern Africa. If you’re looking for affordable Geneva Airport transfers, Lukas and his colleagues can make sure that you and your luggage get to and from the airport swiftly and safely.