How to Get Hold of Cheap Tickets While Flying
There are a number of ways by which you can avail of cheap tickets. From booking online, using low cost carriers, booking during sales, booking in advance and off peak season, making use of price wars and changing route of travel we can obtain cheap tickets.
Some of the methods to obtain cheap tickets are as follows:
1. Book Online: Most low cost airlines advertise their lowest cost seats through their websites. In fact, phoning them may involve a higher rate or surcharge. Buy you need to conduct a thorough online research to access the cheap tickets offered by these airlines. Many low cost airlines do not offer cheap seats except through their websites. If you are lucky, major airlines may also offer discounted tickets on their web sites.
2. Low cost carriers: Low cost carriers offer cheap tickets and very low charges on baggage. However they do not offer meals, water or in-flight entertainment like music or magazines. Seating options are limited. Low cost airlines do not offer credit for missed flights nor a discount on the alternative flight. You must be prepared with travel insurance.
3. Book during Sales: Most airlines especially low cost airlines offer discount tickets sales during different seasons. Usually it is at off peak times like winter. Some airlines offer incredibly cheap flights like completely free tickets except for taxes and charges. Keep track of sales on airline websites or use the services of an airfares deal checker.
4. Book in advance: The cheapest tickets on a plane are its first few tickets. So you can get cheap tickets by booking well in advance. If the sale of tickets has not started as yet, it is best to wait for sometime when booking starts.
5. Book in off-peak season: Post pone your flight to an off the peak season if you wish to avail of cheap tickets. Tickets are costly in season times like school holidays but cheap on week days like Sunday morning and late night flights. Friday and Sunday evening flight tickets tend to be costly
6. Make use of price wars: If two airlines have stated serving the same route at the same time, it may lead to a price war with each trying to cut ticket prices better than the other. Use a good news source to locate this situation and search the airlines as well as the route you intend to take.
7. Change Routes: The direct route is not necessarily the cheapest route. Try flying a longer indirect route using the services of discount carriers and you could save a couple of hundred dollars.
Thus, there are various ways of obtaining cheap tickets for flying. Keep your eyes and ears open and do plenty of research, so you can act in timely, judicious and intelligent way to get hold of those cheap tickets.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Melanie Hogeveen is an expert writer in varied fields and has been doing research on several topics for the past several years. She is renowned for her advices and tips on buying products. For more details please visit Cheap Tickets.